Funny Monorail Driver?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
stefunierocks
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Funny Monorail Driver?

Post by stefunierocks » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:40 pm

I was on the monorail yesterday afternoon heading from Epcot to the TTC, and we had to slow down/stop twice. Each time a young sounding male monorail driver came on and told us we were slowing down for traffic, etc. But he also added his own spin and was very funny. Ending the spiel with something like 'this has been a recording'

Just wondering if it was any of you, since you guys seem to work on your spiels. If so, thanks it made me smile on what was a really bad day of SG's.

Also, This can be my formal introduction.. Im Stephenie an AP holder, longtime lurker/appreciater of these boards. You guys are hilarious. And Ive been talking about SG's since I became an AP when I was little. Was happy/amused to find these boards.

Went yesterday to check out the HM's new improvements, and I loved them!

ICStupidPeople
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Funny Monorail Driver?

Post by ICStupidPeople » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:05 pm

Welcome stef. I'm sure the marcupial population of the boards will be along in a timely manner with welcomes as well.

I love when the CM's do a funny spiel. At DL, the Jungle Cruise cast seems to have a blast. They get on the loudspeaker and announce some hilarious things.

I don't recall ever hearing the cm's at JC in WDW do it though. Anyone know if they do that type of thing there?

Floridian
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Floridian » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:38 pm

Hey Stephanie!...guests who appreciate spieling yay!

ICStupidPeople wrote: I don't recall ever hearing the cm's at JC in WDW do it though. Anyone know if they do that type of thing there?
I have never worked at JC so I can't tell you 100% for sure but I was under the impression that making jokes is part of the gig there. Like its a requirement to make those silly jokes, I say that because management at KSR is always reminding us that we are not JC and therefore no allowed to make any jokes...a warning completely disregarded by just about ever single driver.

Now maybe I have always just had very bored monorail drivers but I was under the impression the voice that come on for traffic stops actually was a recording. :confused: I am sure someone else will know for sure or not. Gotta say it takes a lot of guts for a monorail driver to make jokes, they have no way to tell how the guests are receiving them from up in the drivers seat.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:03 pm

stefunierocks wrote:I was on the monorail yesterday afternoon heading from Epcot to the TTC, and we had to slow down/stop twice. Each time a young sounding male monorail driver came on and told us we were slowing down for traffic, etc. But he also added his own spin and was very funny. Ending the spiel with something like 'this has been a recording'

Just wondering if it was any of you, since you guys seem to work on your spiels. If so, thanks it made me smile on what was a really bad day of SG's.

Also, This can be my formal introduction.. Im Stephenie an AP holder, longtime lurker/appreciater of these boards. You guys are hilarious. And Ive been talking about SG's since I became an AP when I was little. Was happy/amused to find these boards.

Went yesterday to check out the HM's new improvements, and I loved them!
Hi Stephanie!!! Consider this your official welcome from the Marsupial Welcoming Committee (tm) (Pat. Pend.) (Post No Bills)!!

:welcome: from :wombat: & :wallaby: !!!!!!

Your turn, BW.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:52 pm

:welcome: Welcome to SGT! Hope you enjoy your stay in our little insane asylum!
Floridian wrote:Now maybe I have always just had very bored monorail drivers but I was under the impression the voice that come on for traffic stops actually was a recording. :confused: I am sure someone else will know for sure or not. Gotta say it takes a lot of guts for a monorail driver to make jokes, they have no way to tell how the guests are receiving them from up in the drivers seat.
I believe that normally monorail spiels are all recordings triggered by the pilot. There is an intercom system and I wouldn't be surprised if the pilot is allowed to speil the traffic stop and similar announcements themselves. I don't know for sure though, we'll have to wait for our resident monorail pilot to let us know.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

crystal_crtr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by crystal_crtr » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:57 pm

ICStupidPeople wrote:I don't recall ever hearing the cm's at JC in WDW do it though. Anyone know if they do that type of thing there?

The JC captains that we had when we went to WDW did some funny jokes. Although I didn't think that they were all that funny. They almost seemed rehearsed.

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality. Walt Disney[/font]

ICStupidPeople
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ICStupidPeople » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:01 pm

crystal_crtr wrote:The JC captains that we had when we went to WDW did some funny jokes. Although I didn't think that they were all that funny. They almost seemed rehearsed.
It's actually not the jokes on the JC itself, but things they announce over the loudspeaker in the waiting area. I'm not sure how to explain it..can someone help me out?

PapaMouse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PapaMouse » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:11 pm

Why was my post deleted?

Help control A.D.D., Spank a kids ass.

ICStupidPeople
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ICStupidPeople » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:15 pm

PapaMouse wrote:Why was my post deleted?
Gnomes? They come steal my undies at night sometimes too. That's what hubby tells me anyway when I wake up without them

I'm thinking Gnomes stole your post...

StephM
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by StephM » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:36 pm

Hi Stephanie...from Stephanie! :D:

I agree....Stephanie ROCKS! LoL Although my kids think I am completely lame. :(

I am a speil fan myself. If I was a monorail pilot, I would make jokes. True, I wouldn't KNOW if anyone was laughing, but in my head, they would be in HYSTERICS. :hysteria: