Gangs Of Disneyland

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Gangs Of Disneyland

Post by hobie16 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:29 am

They stroll through Disneyland in packs of 20 or more, motley crews that resemble a cross between the Hells Angels motorcycle gang and a grown-up Mickey Mouse Club with their Disney-themed tattoos and their matching denim vests strewn with trading pins and logos.

But a lawsuit filed in Orange County Superior Court has revealed a dark undercurrent to the pastime. The head of one club has accused another of using gangster-like tactics to try to collect "protection" money for a charity fundraiser at the park. The lawsuit reads like mob movie set in a theme park. The plot revolves around the Main Street Fire Station 55 Social Club, whose leaders claim they have been bullied and terrorized by the head of the White Rabbits Social Club. The lawsuit names 19 members of the White Rabbits, accusing them of defamation, invasion of privacy, conspiracy and intentional infliction of emotional distress. It asks the court to reward the victims compensatory and punitive damages, to be determined during the trial.

Full article

One CM commented, "I worked in the parks from 2010-2016 and let me tell you, the majority of the people in the clubs that I had the displeasure of dealing with were absolute jerks. The worst was when I was called a b**** and cussed out by a heifer in the "Neverlanders" because she didn't want to wear her seatbelt properly on Radiator Springs Racers, and then continued berating me when I couldn't send the vehicle without her seatbelt on properly. I could've lost my job if I didn't keep HER safe, but of course it was my fault.

I saw multiple clubs pushing kids out of their way so they could be in the front of lines. Really I cannot think of a single positive interaction I had with ANYONE wearing their stupid gang paraphernalia. I am very glad that I don't work there anymore and have to deal with these people."

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Re: Gangs Of Disneyland

Post by delsdad » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Oh good. Something to look forward to when we visit DL next month!

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Gangs Of Disneyland

Post by felinefan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:06 pm

That, and the prices are going up for Annual Passholders, by $18.