The Dragon is Coming to the World

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: The Dragon is Coming to the World

Post by Zazu » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:56 am

Lasolimu wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:55 am
I did recently notice that I messed up one of my Magic Kingdom days a little bit, but it's really not a big deal. I didn't notice that the hours have it closing at 6:00 PM on one of the days planned there ... but early close means no fireworks.
A 6pm close usually means there's a party that night, and those usually have their own fireworks. Again, check with your hotel's concierge desk about times.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:52 am

Zazu wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:56 am
A 6pm close usually means there's a party that night, and those usually have their own fireworks. Again, check with your hotel's concierge desk about times.
Yeah, I figure that they have something going on that night. Ultimately the fireworks aren't a big deal because we're doing the dessert party the other Magic Kingdom day. I know they could be cancelled that day, but they could be cancelled any day. I'm figuring with the earlier close time we can go get dinner and then head to Disney Springs and look around. We also plan to hit up Disney Springs before catching our bus to the airport since our flight is around 6:00 PM. That will give us a chance to do some last minute shopping and looking around on a previous day will make it easier to know what we want to hit that final day. I've managed to shift the ADR to 8:15 so far, which would still get us any potential fireworks that night. If I don't get it earlier, it would be a good opportunity to check out the hotels on the monorail look as long as possible.

Still so many other things I need to do before the trip, especially since I've decided I'm proposing on this trip. I'm getting so excited to take my boyfriend (and most likely future fiancee) to WDW!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:21 am

Lasolimu wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:52 am
Zazu wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:56 am
I'm figuring with the earlier close time we can go get dinner and then head to Disney Springs and look around.
Why not do both at once? Morimoto's Asia and Frontera Cucina are both excellent.
If I don't get it earlier, it would be a good opportunity to check out the hotels on the monorail look as long as possible.
Please, *please*, stand clear of the doors! Especially on Monorail Red.
Still so many other things I need to do before the trip, especially since I've decided I'm proposing on this trip. I'm getting so excited to take my boyfriend (and most likely future fiancee) to WDW!
Don't forget the option of having cast members assist with the proposal. This could be as simple as having a photographer handy to presenting a ring during dinner. When you decide when and where, ask about options. Characters can also be engaged to assist with the engagement. (But not King Louie, he'll drop the ring for sure!)

Yes, having a troupe of singers and dancers perform a custom-written song to the two of you in the middle of Main Street is also possible, but probably more expensive than the whole rest of your trip.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Zazu wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:21 am
Why not do both at once? Morimoto's Asia and Frontera Cucina are both excellent.
I'm wanting to try the 'Ohana dinner, I've been there twice for breakfast, and I hear dinner is better.
I'm a dragon, remember, we can fly. :Dragon:
Don't forget the option of having cast members assist with the proposal. This could be as simple as having a photographer handy to presenting a ring during dinner. When you decide when and where, ask about options. Characters can also be engaged to assist with the engagement. (But not King Louie, he'll drop the ring for sure!)

Yes, having a troupe of singers and dancers perform a custom-written song to the two of you in the middle of Main Street is also possible, but probably more expensive than the whole rest of your trip.
My plan is to propose at the photopass spot outside Be Our Guest with the view of Beast's castle. I'm not sure exactly when I'll do it, but we have both a breakfast and a dinner there so before or after either would be convenient. I figure do the basic photo shoot and then do it while the photographer is taking pictures. This way we get the amazing photos of it afterward and it takes no special planning or extra cost on my part since my AP includes the memory maker. I am thinking of having something delivered to the room while we're in the parks the day I do it to celebrate that night.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:17 pm

Zazu wrote:
<thick Russian accent> On Monorail Red, door stands clear of you.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:52 pm

BRWombat wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:17 pm
Zazu wrote:
<thick Russian accent> On Monorail Red, door stands clear of you.

:thumbsup:

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:01 am

I just got my 'Ohana dinner moved to 7:15 PM, that's another hour earlier. The window for a trip out to Disney Springs that night is getting better, we'll probably browse that day and then shop on Saturday while waiting for heading to the airport. I don't really have much of a plan for our MK days other than dinners and the Be Our Guest breakfast, I figure it's more like DLR and we go there all the time so it will be okay to play more by ear with a few attractions we absolutely want to do and will get fastpasses for.

I also switched my EPCOT days and I'm thinking about getting a small celebratory cake for the second day at that park. It's the day after I plan to propose and now we won't already have dessert with dinner that day. I'm planning a day to focus on Future World and a day to focus on World Showcase. The World Showcase day we going to skip breakfast and hit a bunch of Flower & Garden booths with snack credits to try a bunch of different things starting over in Mexico and heading around with dinner at the Yachtsman. The Future World day we have breakfast at Trattoria al Forno at 10:00 AM so I'm thinking of getting to the park at opening, hitting Test Track when the line is short, then heading off the breakfast. That will free up the tier 1 fastpass to be for Soarin' that day.

I managed to get my Tusker House breakfast moved to be right at 8:00 AM. This is perfect with my plan of eating and then hitting Na'vi River Journey early in the morning before the line gets pretty long. That way I won't need to get fastpasses for it and can get Flight of Passage both Animal Kingdom days. The plan for that day is breakfast, then River Journey, then testing the seat for FoP before making our way around to Festival of the Lion King and continuing in that direction. Later that night is when I plan to have the FoP fastpass to draw us back into the world of Pandora when it gets dark. The other DAK day we'll be starting by heading in the opposite direction.

We don't really have any hard plans for our single DHS day. We land at like 4:30 AM that morning and I have us checking in the day we take off so we can get right to our room and take a nap or something before heading to the park later and getting lunch, though lunch could be before. I've heard some rumors about Toy Story Land being in soft opening in April, but I don't think it will be when we're there, and since it will be pretty close to the land opening in general I don't anticipate Toy Story Mania being open as they need to alter the queue before the land opens. The just leaves the 3 rides I anticipate actually being open to use my initial fastpasses on. We'll probably hit Fantasmic! that night because I know my boyfriend wants to see it, but I generally prefer the DLR version.

I think we'll probably be pretty easy to spot in the parks at night if my experience back in May last year is any indication. We'll be some of the only people in Made with Magic ears and the Paint the Night paintbrush wands.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:27 am

Once you use up your fastpasses at AK, you should have no issue getting one for Navi River Journey. It's a well themed ride, but it lacks any real story IMO. Not that popular, and probably not worth waiting in the stand-by queue. Flight of Passage, that is worth waiting. The stand-by queue is really well done.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:52 am

ktulu wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:27 am
Once you use up your fastpasses at AK, you should have no issue getting one for Navi River Journey. It's a well themed ride, but it lacks any real story IMO. Not that popular, and probably not worth waiting in the stand-by queue. Flight of Passage, that is worth waiting. The stand-by queue is really well done.
Yeah, I don't plan to wait too long for Na'vi River Journey. I figure if we get there first thing in the morning when most people are rushing to Flight of Passage we should do okay, but I'll keep an eye on fastpasses for it when we're there. As much as I want to see the standby queue for Flight of Passage, I don't really want to wait 3 hours for it right now, but if I'm like everyone else I won't mind after actually riding it. I don't anticipate getting additional fastpasses at AK the first day because I'm planning to get the Flight of Passage FP for later as a draw back to have dinner over there, but the second AK day maybe though we need to be at Animal Kingdom Lodge by roughly 6:00 PM so not a lot of late time that day. Every other day I'm planning to look for new fastpasses later.

My window for booking fastpasses opens Monday, after that it's just order the ring, finish paying, and sit back and wait as patiently as I'll be able...which is to say not patiently at all...

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:02 am

My youngest daughter and I jumped in line when it said 240 minute wait at the end of the evening, we waited around 90 minutes. So if you plan on closing down AK, keep that in mind! Oh, Pandora is really cool at night!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."