Monsoon

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Monsoon

Post by BRWombat » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:19 pm

WEDFan wrote:
BRWombat wrote:That is absolutely stunning. So beautiful, and the music is perfect.
darph nader wrote:I recognize some of these scenes. The sad part is I've lived here for just shy of 50yrs and have never been to the Grand Canyon. :cry: ...
Don't worry, I lived in Colorado for 11 years without going up Pike's Peak. And went skiing maybe 3 or 4 times.
I've always noticed that you don't get around to visiting the attractions in your home town/state. I've usually only seen the local attractions when people come to visit and I look for things to do with them.
Very true. It's also the case that in Colorado, there are much better mountain roads to go on than Pikes Peak, such as Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park, or Mount Evans east of Denver, and I did those many times. Pikes Peak is just better known, and is more touristy that way. I eventually drove up it when a few years after moving away, and then took the cog railway with my boys some years later.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Lasolimu wrote:This, I can never understand when people tell me they're visiting Salt Lake City because I can't think of anything to do here.
So... not a genealogist, then.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:06 pm

You can take a bus, but why? A lot of times, the snow will melt in the vally and you can almost golf year round. I've never had a friend brake a leg golfing (I would like to brake some people's though), but I've had plenty of friends brake legs, arms, backs, knees skiing. Tons of other fun stuff to do in Utah.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:12 pm

The sad thing is, I live a stone's throw from the Bowers Museum, and because life kept getting in the way, I missed seeing the Mythbusters exhibit as well as the Mummies of the world exhibit. :oweye: