Something Special in Disneyland

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Something Special in Disneyland

Post by Lasolimu » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:43 pm

I'll be in the Anaheim area in the beginning of November once again for BlizzCon, and once again I'm stopping by DLR for a few days since it's right there. This time I'm coming with my boyfriend and I was looking for something special to do with him in the parks one of the days. My normal plan would be dinner at the Blue Bayou with the special Fantasmic seating but that's obviously out. My secondary idea was to have the same dinner with for the seating for the parade followed by the fireworks, but that's out now too. So now I'm trying to come up with something new, current thoughts are a character breakfast and tour or something like that, but it's still just a little bit early for the schedule to be available. Anyone have any other ideas?

BTW, I'd do dinner and World of Color, but we're already doing that as part of the group.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Something Special in Disneyland

Post by Lasolimu » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:03 pm

Just about everything is set for the special day. I'm taking him to the Critter Breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe, then we're going on the Walk In Walt's Footsteps tour, and we'll finish with dinner at the Blue Bayou.

I still need to call and book the tour, hopefully there aren't any issues getting into the later one.

I plan to request a waterfront table at the Blue Bayou when I check in, hopefully I can get one.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:24 pm

Lasolimu wrote:I plan to request a waterfront table at the Blue Bayou when I check in, hopefully I can get one.
That's been my dream for years. One of these days...

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:57 am

The walk in Walt's tour is awesome. We had a great time and I would do that one again. We had a nice dinner at Carthay in August and we could see the Land fireworks from the balcony. They even pipe the music from the fireworks onto the balcony so it all goes together. That might be an option as well. We will be there again in November and may do Ariel's Grotto again. The kids are getting older, but they still love that one. It seems to be the one they ask about most often.