Disney Discriminated Against Autistic Kids

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Disney Discriminated Against Autistic Kids

Post by hobie16 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:51 pm

Goofyernmost wrote: (Not to mention you are in direct line for those walking farts.)
That might explain why the six girls kept swapping their time in the chair. :shithappens:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

historynerd2
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by historynerd2 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:39 am

Was at disney world in January with my family. We had our austitic daughter with us. She was never discriminated against. This lawsuit is just greed pure and simple. Its sickening to see parents using their child's disability to get money like this. As well as the slimeball lawyer representing them

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:33 am

Yeah, I agree. Just greed.

I also agree that having to do a wheelchair a WDW is not fun. My wife broke her ankle just before a trip so we had to rent one.

It wasn't "fun". She was able to get up and walk short distances (well, hop) and Disney couldn't have been more accommodating.

But one humors bit. The hill as you are going toward Splash Mountain. I jokingly told my wife I was just going to give her a push and let her go. I gave her a push and then grabbed the handles of the wheelchair, just as a fake-out. Well, I grabbed the grips with a little pull to stop the chair and the grips slid right off and she went on coasting.

It took a second to register, and the had to run and grab the chair. The wife loves that story now, she didn't find it too amusing at the time though.