Cheshire Figment Will Not Be Down For Breakfast

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Cheshire Figment Will Not Be Down For Breakfast

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:33 pm

The other day, CycloneMan reported that Cheshire Figment is no longer with us. You might have seen him at Disney World on the coolest ECV ever because it was painted in the colors of Figment.

I was fortunate enough to meet him. I will remember him for his vast knowledge of Disney, great sense of snark and just enjoying the far too few times that I was able to spend time with him.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

CycloneMan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: DAK
Department: Ops
Position: Coordinator

Re: Cheshire Figment Will Not Be Down For Breakfast

Post by CycloneMan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Thank you very much for this Bryan.

As some of you may remember (I haven't been on here in years), I am CheshireFigment's nephew. This past summer he got really ill, and I've been taking care of him and basically putting my life on hold for him. It's been a really rough ride, but it was worth it because I loved him. I was with him till his last breath. My heart is heavy.

Thank you Uncle Mike for supporting me and being there with me through all those years.

-Dainan "Will continue my Disney career in his honor" Rafferty

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:13 am

CycloneMan wrote:Thank you very much for this Bryan.

As some of you may remember (I haven't been on here in years), I am CheshireFigment's nephew. This past summer he got really ill, and I've been taking care of him and basically putting my life on hold for him. It's been a really rough ride, but it was worth it because I loved him. I was with him till his last breath. My heart is heavy.

Thank you Uncle Mike for supporting me and being there with me through all those years.

-Dainan "Will continue my Disney career in his honor" Rafferty
Hi Dainan,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your Uncle Mike. I know he was well respected here, and on board X. You did a great service for your Uncle by taking care of him, and I know he is proud of you. You will be in our prayers!

darren

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:35 am

RIP, friend.

:Cheshire: :Figment:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:20 am

Thanks BW for sharing the news. And may God bless you, Dainan, for the care you provided your uncle. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:00 pm

My condolences to his friends and family. I only knew him through this and Board X, but his posts were always the perfect combination of information and humour. His wisdom will be missed.