Did somebody say McDonalds?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
jacqueline
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by jacqueline » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:33 pm

man, all i was getting at was that *i* thought it was obvious from her question that she wanted some kind of mcdonald's product from inside the park, and i thought that the person who posted the story understood her question as well, since he was not surprised that the girl stormed off after he pointed her down mainstreet and out to harbor. it was like he expected her reaction. so i honestly wanted to know: since i was under the impression that the CM knew what the guest was asking, why was he so mean? but if he genuinely didn't know what she was asking, then i am really sorry for bringing this up and am pretty embarrassed, since it's all due to *my* misunderstanding.

also, if you have to get "technical" about a response...."technically" while that person gave a correct answer, i could also technically point a guest to the swiss alps if they came up and asked me where the matterhorn is, since technically that is the only real matterhorn. but obviously we understand the context of the question, being in the park and all.

maybe i will start pointing to the swiss alps, though i really don't know which direction to point.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:10 pm

Comparing the *real* Matterhorn and the nearest *real* McDonald's is like comparing apples and oranges. There's only one Swiss Alps, but there's dozens of McDonalds' out there. And the closest real one is outside across the street from Disneyland.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

jacqueline
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by jacqueline » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:45 pm

okay, but did she ask for the "closest real mcdonalds"? she just asked for mcdonalds, and considering that they are AT disneyland, wouldn't you just tell them about the one IN DCA?

since the girl didn't specify which mcdonalds she wanted, you would be kind and pick the one on harbor so that she could have more of a menu. likewise, if no one specifies which matterhorn they want, well, i'm going to pick the *real* one too, just like you automatically pick the *real* mcdonalds. technically, they didn't say if they wanted the ride, or the actual mountain. to correlate the two, technicaly, the girl didn't specify if she wanted the "fake" mcdonalds, or the "real" mcdonalds. she just asked for mcdonalds. remember, we're being technical. i'm not comparing the two, i'm questioning how one arrives at the answer.

probably it was doing them a favor to direct them to a full service mcdonalds restaurant, but your prior suggestion of in-n-out would have been way better.

anyway, all i wanted to know was why the CM gave her that answer, instead of saying, "go to DCA." it just seems it would have been kind of him to proffer the information about mcdonalds, since he has the information and the girl does not. but i don't even care anymore!!

i'm going to watch aqua teens now.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:22 pm

tourbunny wrote:well, i'm sure noone will be stuck with her in a pirates boat since she's gonna have to occupy that for her self. maybe, just maybe, her husband fits n there with her. well i made a nasty little note in her file so if anyone looks her up before she gets more compensation they will know.
hahaha...that's good!

I wonder if she's the same lady involved in something waaaaaaaaayyyy back at pirates... We still had four queues and were in the middle of summer double preloading...this big big lady and her hubby were in one of the middle rows and there was another couple assigned to sit with them. Big lady and hubby get in the boat and I tell the other people "please step in - this is your boat" They give me this look like "huh?" and I explain that since it's a busy day, we're under orders to send out full boats and that means four people in the center rows...to which the skinny lady says "I'm not sitting next to her - SHE'S FAT!!!" Then my stager backs me up and we both say "please get in - this is your boat" Well they stepped in and eyes were shooting daggers at each other, while everyone on the dock was sort of chuckling (guests too...) Our lead had been on the dock for this little display, then she kind of sidled over and announced "I'd better go watch them from the tower - we'll see if there's a cat fight..." It would have been nice if the video cameras had been loaded with tape... :twisted:

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:52 pm

ok ok enough bitching at each other. you guys know that's what PMs are for don't clutter up the forums with this nonsence (sp?). You moderators should know better.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."