Official SGT ADD thread

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Official SGT ADD thread

Post by Mayonnaise » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:30 am

I lost this place for a while in the whole shut down, restart, etc. Been following the FB group. It's been a few years and a whole extra Disney trip or two since I've been here... and now I'm ramping up to my first Disney cruise for my Honeymoon (Oh yeah... I'm getting married) so yeah, it's been eventfull!!!

8^)

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:25 pm

Congratulations!

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:37 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:I lost this place for a while in the whole shut down, restart, etc. Been following the FB group. It's been a few years and a whole extra Disney trip or two since I've been here... and now I'm ramping up to my first Disney cruise for my Honeymoon (Oh yeah... I'm getting married) so yeah, it's been eventfull!!!

8^)
Congratulations! Welcome Back ! And watch out, those cruises are totally addictive. We have number 7 coming up in August!!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:34 pm

delsdad wrote:
Mayonnaise wrote:I lost this place for a while in the whole shut down, restart, etc. Been following the FB group. It's been a few years and a whole extra Disney trip or two since I've been here... and now I'm ramping up to my first Disney cruise for my Honeymoon (Oh yeah... I'm getting married) so yeah, it's been eventfull!!!

8^)
Congratulations! Welcome Back ! And watch out, those cruises are totally addictive. We have number 7 coming up in August!!
Amateur! We're just today home from cruise numbers 23, 24, and 25!

Mayo, feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Zazu wrote:... Amateur! We're just today home from cruise numbers 23, 24, and 25!

Which is a lot -- until you talk to Syndrome. She hasn't posted here in a while, but she took Disney cruise #75 over a year ago!

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:57 pm

BRWombat wrote:
Zazu wrote:... Amateur! We're just today home from cruise numbers 23, 24, and 25!

Which is a lot -- until you talk to Syndrome. She hasn't posted here in a while, but she took Disney cruise #75 over a year ago!
These just re-enforce my point about the addictive nature of a Disney Cruise !

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:26 am

BRWombat wrote:

Yeah, I think she's been on 82 now. But they were mostly 3- and 4-nights!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:19 pm

delsdad wrote:
BRWombat wrote:

These just re-enforce my point about the addictive nature of a Disney Cruise !
I'm trying to picture the 12-step meeting:

Me: "Hi, I'm Wombat."

All: "Hi, Wombat."

Me: "Um, I'm here because, uh, I can't stop taking Disney cruises. I keep telling myself I can stop any time, but before you know it I'm walking across that gangway again. I just can't get enough..."

Leader: "... uh... why is that a problem???"
:biggrin:

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:41 am

Oh jeepers. Ours is a 3 night out of Cape Canaveral. We got land and sea because we've never been on a cruise before and it's our honeymoon, and it would just be disaster city if it turned out one of us is horribly seasick or something and we were stuck on a ship for 7 days. So we'll be at the parks for 4 days, then on a boat for 3.

I was just thinking as I was dropping Jake off at work about the proposal and how I honestly thought my fiance (boyfriend at the time) was in the process of committing a giant Stupid Guest Trick when it happened.

We were on a Florida trip, we did the Disney Parks too, I promise, but this was at Universal Islands of Adventure. a.k.a Harry Potter World, first day of the trip. We landed, got the rental car, put all the luggage in that, and went to the parks... had dinner at the Three Broomsticks... and then things started getting sketchy.

First, he left me in line for Ollivander's because he "needed to go to the bathroom." Now, here I am thinking, "We're adults. We should both get out of line and then get back in line after you go to the bathroom." We bickered about it, but he talked me down, the bathroom was RIGHT THERE he said, right across the walkway, and the line for Ollivanders is slower than molasses and longer than the nile. Ok fine. He left me there... forever. I neared the head of the line by the time he got back, and I'm hella embarrased now because he's gonna look like he's line jumping really close to the front. Ugh.

After Ollivanders, we headed to the "Main Event" of Potter world, "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey." We get to the entrance, and instead of walking on thru, Jake says something to the greeter, and he pulls us off to the side, and goes around the gate pillar to access a hidden phone. While we're standing there, and I'm confused, Jake says to me that he "Read about this online, where you can request a castle tour. It's a secret thing. Like the scuba signs at the Living Seas." And I'm standing here all... "Yes, but people abused that so they really had to limit it. I don't know that an EIGHTH Anniversary really qualifies." And we're bickering about abusing park secrets and he's all "Yeah but it's the actual DAY of the anniversary, not just the approximate. That's got to count for something!" And I'm completely freaking mortified... and I know you can see exactly where this is going.

Because while he left me in line at Ollivander's he'd asked already at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, since we'd never been there or on it, about how his plan to propose, the setting he was looking to access and if it would be possible. "Jessica the Slytherin" either bodged up this Castle Tour thing on the spot, or re purposed something that was perhaps meant for Make a Wish Kids and VIPs or god knows what because I can't find anything about tours like this online anywhere, but it happened none the less.

So what happened is while I was standing there mortified thinking my Fiance being a SG to the poor Universal people, they were ringing up Jessica the Slytherin to let her know to come down to the front to get us, and she came out of the castle, undid a chain, and lead us thru a part of the queue that was not in use. Girl kept me so distracted with trivia questions while Jake "put camera in a locker" because he's taken up filmmaking and he told me he wanted to get some fantasy looking footage for his webseries (LIES!!!) but he had ultimately only ditched the Tripod and gone handheld.

When we got to the Mirror of Erised, Jessica started in about how there was a trick to the mirror which involved staring at it for 10 seconds then closing your eyes for 10 seconds and when you open them it really works. That was the moment I knew what was going on, because it was technologically implausible. Of course when I opened my eyes, there in the mirror was Jake down on one knee next to me, having passed off his camera to Jessica while my eyes were shut, and then proposal happened, and all the people in the In-Use queue line adjacent whistled and clapped when I said yes.

After that I felt a lot better about his shenanigans. Proposals are one of the sorts of things that playing a little jiggery pokery with the magic is meant for. *Whew.* She told us that we had front-of-line privileges on her ride for the rest of the day but we only went on once because there was so much else to see at the park, and also I get a little motion sick on these things.

8^)

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:47 am

Very Cool, Mayonnaise and Congratulations!
:toastwine: