Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
CommonSense
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Caption contest

Post by CommonSense » Mon May 04, 2015 2:12 pm

"For impersonating a judge...a lifetime in jail!"
"It was just a Halloween costume, I swear!"
"But it's July!"

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue May 05, 2015 7:04 am

I knew there was a dress code, but I didn't realize it involved wearing a dress! Or a wig.

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Tue May 05, 2015 9:00 am

"Huh. I liked my London guard outfit better."

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Tue May 05, 2015 6:59 pm

Guys, you DO realize that these wigs went out of style in the 1800's, don't you? Oh well, if it means less people making fun of lawyers, I'll do it.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri May 08, 2015 11:38 am

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! First, the Honorable Mentions: Graham Smith: "Alright, 'Mr. Short Invisible Barrister.' Come with me until you can put some clothes on."; Jay Marsh: "Well, if it's good enough for Bruce Jenner...."; kcberlin: "I don't understand the exchange rate here. How many wigs and robes to the dollar?"; darph nader: "You know, this wig looks a little like the neighbor's missing cat."; bookbabe: "Huh. I liked my London guard outfit better."; and Jay Dennis: "I wonder if this hair comes in any color other than 'old'?"

And the winning caption this week is from VM's official Most Revered and Exalted Blower of the Holy Pitch Pipe, Jay Dennis! He gets his first win and his first honorable mention in the same week! Congratulations, Jay!

Thanks to all who entered! New pic coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon May 11, 2015 10:17 am

CAPTION CONTEST for MAY 15! Another pic inspired by my upcoming trip... So how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon May 11, 2015 1:40 pm

"Sir, I don't care that your name is also wombat, I'm still going to need another passport for you."

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon May 11, 2015 3:50 pm

Will he be requiring a regular meal, or kosher?

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Mon May 11, 2015 5:46 pm

"I'm sorry, sir, even if your nickname is wombat, he doesn't count as a lap-sitting infant."

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue May 12, 2015 6:24 am

"Forgive me for being so indelicate, sir, but shall I list your companion as a tenor or alto?"