MY SG Experiences

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

MY SG Experiences

Post by ectomstr » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:32 pm

Having worked at RFC in DTD for a little over a year now, I've accumulated quite a few experiences not only from my restaurant but also from around the World.

A recent example of bus riding, my brother and I parked in DTD (in order to pick my mom up later on) and bus hopped to Epcot. As we entered the bus, it was practically filled due to two ECV's. No problem, guess I'll stand-which i hate doing due to my prosthetic leg. The bus movements make it very very hard to keep my balance. So, as the handles begin to cut into my hands, the young gentlemen behind me do nothing to alleviate the one needing a seat. Gee, thanks. anyway, my brother and i get seats since the ECV's get off at PI. I then watch as a mother practically forces a granola/power bar into her 7-9 year old daughter's mouth. I liked like she was feeding a chipmunk! The new audio systems then come on explaining about TL and how to "Remain seated until the motor coach comes to a stop" the SG then stands up AND STANDS IN THE DOORWAY! The bus lurched and if it had anymore speed to it, she would have been eating pavement...and so would her daughter! I sat in shock as someone like that was allowed to have kids...

another thread was mentioning the brazilians and boy..from RFC, lemem tell ya....i have nothing truely and honestly against foreigners of any sort. but do not assume we all know your language right off the bat. further more, closes at 11 PM means we closed at 11 PM. At 11:15 we don't let anyone else in. a family of 7 who had a return time for 10:50 walks up 20 minutes after we closed and demanded to be let in. "it's not our fault we got lost" they say to me. "it's my little brothers wish to be here" they say. Guess what, that's all well and good but...we're closed. end of story. they go off saying we ruined their vacation because we closed on time. I had another group of 10 arrive 5 minutes before close. 5 minutes after, they leave because i was curious as to where the rest of their party was (since only half of them were here). they lied to get in and lied to stay at a table but because they spoke very little english and i speak very little spanish, they thought i was being rude (to which i wasn't). Some of the strangest people that come in are usually foreign. We had a couple come in once. they sat at a table, shared a coke, paid for it and the next 2 hours ROAMED from table to table. The manager asked themt o leave once, they came back adn then he followed them tot he exit. it was a very nervous and strange time (didn't help they looked middle eastern).

we tend to laugh at the rainforest because of how dumb people can be there.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: MY SG Experiences

Post by BRWombat » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:30 pm

ectomstr wrote:Having worked at RFC in DTD for a little over a year now, I've accumulated quite a few experiences not only from my restaurant but also from around the World. ...
we tend to laugh at the rainforest because of how dumb people can be there.
Great to have another source of SG stories, ectomstr!! I'd welcome you, but it's not my turn. Expect to hear from the other half of the Marsupial Welcoming Committee shortly.

(But welcome anyway! :D: )

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Floridian
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Floridian » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:47 pm

ectomstr wrote: another thread was mentioning the brazilians and boy..from RFC, lemem tell ya....i have nothing truely and honestly against foreigners of any sort. but do not assume we all know your language right off the bat.
You know I used to feel bad talking about the Brazilians but then I had an international from work explain that the Brazilian kids (sometimes even their 'guide' seems to be 15 or 16) coming to Disney are some of the nastiest people in the whole country. For some reason that made to feel a lot better when I have to yell at them for ignoring all the safety warnings.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:03 am

I miss the Rain Forest Cave and woot we got a new source of SGT stories. I know enough people in restaurants to know that restaurants are filled with SG's. At Rosewoood Restaurant there is a bar that closes around 1 am depending on the crowd. I never seen so many grumpy people when it comes to the closing time. They know the schedule and are regulars but still complain because the bar is closed. They are not paying for it to sit empty while the bar guzzles electricity.

Welcome and hugs to you. The welcoming marsupials should be by soon.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:44 am

Th welcoming marsupial was at 'Ohana last night until about 10:30 with several others, including Vixen (plus DH and DD). It was a late evening; I don't have any real reason to be up now except I have to go to work. :sgt: :sleep: :sleep: :sparky:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:44 am

[quote="mechurchlady"]At Rosewoood Restaurant there is a bar that closes around 1 am[quote]mech, is this the Rosewood on Pioneer in Norwalk?

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:47 am

mechurchlady wrote:At Rosewoood Restaurant there is a bar that closes around 1 am.
mech, is this the Rosewood on Pioneer in Norwalk?

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

kimpossible33
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by kimpossible33 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:55 am

A recent example of bus riding, my brother and I parked in DTD (in order to pick my mom up later on) and bus hopped to Epcot. As we entered the bus, it was practically filled due to two ECV's. No problem, guess I'll stand-which i hate doing due to my prosthetic leg. The bus movements make it very very hard to keep my balance. So, as the handles begin to cut into my hands, the young gentlemen behind me do nothing to alleviate the one needing a seat. Gee, thanks....
(Not at a Disney park but..) in general, the bus system where I live can get very crowded. a couple days ago I was bussing home and the bus was packed. there were these 4 tweens, couldn't have been older than 12, with these expensive brand shopping bags sitting right in the courtesy seats. On comes a pregnant woman, about 5 seniors (one with a walker), and a woman with a scarf wrapped around her hairless head who I'm assuming was a cancer patient. I was already standing, but only one woman offered her seat to the pregnant lady and the pregnant lady said "No, that's okay." (I think the more courteous thing to do is to actually get up out of your seat but at least she offered.) the 4 girls just sat there the whole time laughing and chatting happily with each other, pleased they werent the ones standing because of their oh so heavy shopping bags. I wanted to smack them

Um... whose baby is this? :stork:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:24 pm

Ah, thanks, my friend, Wombat. Here is your official, warm welcome from the Marsupial Welcome Committee:

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: from :wombat: and :wallaby: , who is sometimes known as :rufus: .

Okay, Wombat, your turn to welcome the next person first.

Last Tuesday, I was on BTMR with KidAtHeart and her guests, when a SG kid of South American descent got out of his lap bar so he was sitting on the back of the car and reached up before the first lift hill and hit one of the spinning bats and stopped it so it was just hanging, trying to fly. When I went to confront him, he played the "no ingles" card. I was looking for a CM who spoke Spanish, and finally gave up. I knew that if I went for Security, by the time I got to them he would be long gone.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:11 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Ah, thanks, my friend, Wombat. Here is your official, warm welcome from the Marsupial Welcome Committee:

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: from :wombat: and :wallaby: , who is sometimes known as :rufus: .

Okay, Wombat, your turn to welcome the next person first.
Will do. Although it's a little scary that this is getting almost kinda-maybe [shudder] organized!!! :eek: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter