Dole Whip

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Dole Whip

Post by Zazu » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:22 am

drcorey wrote:
hobie16 wrote:So here I am about five miles south of millions of pineapples and no one here has ever heard of a Dole Whip. I think I need a trip to DLR for a fix.
geez, some places out there no one has heard of Fruit Salad
Really? At WDW half the cast members have.... oh, nevermind.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:32 pm

Ah, Dole Whip! Truly, a heavenly confection.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:42 pm

When I was in Bible collage, we had an autumn retreat shortly after the start of the fall semester. The high point was making s'mores. They announced there was one kid who had never eaten a s'more--and probably never heard of one, either. I remember when I was a Girl Scout in the 60s, the recipe for s'mores was in our handbook.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:18 am

hobie16 wrote:So here I am about five miles south of millions of pineapples and no one here has ever heard of a Dole Whip. I think I need a trip to DLR for a fix.
Yes. Soon! :rocker:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:28 pm

DisneyMom wrote:
I'm waiting for the dates to be confirmed for an advanced sailing instructors class in San Diego to be held in March. It runs four days. After a grueling course that long I feel I should reward myself with a Dole Whip. Now I just need to do some research and find out where the closest dispensary is. :wink:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:34 am

hobie16 wrote:
DisneyMom wrote:
I'm waiting for the dates to be confirmed for an advanced sailing instructors class in San Diego to be held in March. It runs four days. After a grueling course that long I feel I should reward myself with a Dole Whip. Now I just need to do some research and find out where the closest dispensary is. :wink:
You'll need some good healthy Pineapple juice after having all the Pirate Grog in San Diego :darph:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:38 am

DisneyMom wrote:You'll need some good healthy Pineapple juice after having all the Pirate Grog in San Diego :darph:
I'm there to learn, not to part... okay, you got me.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:03 pm

They sell it at the Dole Pineapple Plantation on Oahu. Not sure if they call it a Dole Whip, but it's the same stuff.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:44 pm

hhsrat wrote:
They sell it at the Dole Pineapple Plantation on Oahu. Not sure if they call it a Dole Whip, but it's the same stuff.
I'll be on Oahu next month for a junior regatta. If we can take a side trip I'll try to pick one up.

--- Matt King