Forum Software Update - Poll regarding smilies

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.

For you, how important are the smilies?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:44 pm

I'd die without them!
19%
I'd be sad, but can move on.
69%
What smilies?
13%

Total votes: 16

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Forum Software Update - Poll regarding smilies

Post by ktulu » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:44 pm

phpBB has released the next major version of the forum software. As part of this update, they have changed how they handle modifications. This normally doesn't affect anyone here, but in this case it will affect one portion of the forum that has always been popular, and that is the large smily collection. The new version does not have a good smily management or display method, it is the same as the older version. I've put in a request for either better management by the phpBB team, or for someone to write a new extension that works with the current version. I'd like to gauge how you, the community, feels about the smilies and how important they are to the board.

I don't want to remove them completely, but they may go on hiatus until some new extension or function is created to better manage them.

Thank you!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Forum Software Update - Poll regarding smilies

Post by hobie16 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:46 pm

It seems like just yesterday when the admins cleaned them up. Much easier to use.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:11 am

I can't see who voted what. I assume that is for the safety of the voters :hysterical:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:08 am

Big Wallaby wrote:I can't see who voted what. I assume that is for the safety of the voters :hysterical:
Dude, scroll up. If you've voted, the results are up there.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:11 am

Zazu wrote:
Big Wallaby wrote:I can't see who voted what. I assume that is for the safety of the voters :hysterical:
Dude, scroll up. If you've voted, the results are up there.
You can also click on "View Results" if you haven't voted. This is what I do since I'm not voting.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:05 am

Oh, I can see the results. I just can't see who voted which way. I assume this is a flaw in the phpBB code.

And yes, I am kidding.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:39 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Oh, I can see the results. I just can't see who voted which way. I assume this is a flaw in the phpBB code. ....
This is particularly important because of the three who voted that they'd die without the smilies. If lives are on the line, we should know who we're talking about.

If we eliminate smilies, can we live with ourselves knowing that the deaths of those three specific individuals are on our hands? Or would we be okay with their untimely, smilie-related demise?

If we know who they are, we can even repost the poll: "Could you live without smilies and these three people: _____?"