Big Wallaby To Return To Proper Habitat

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Big Wallaby To Return To Proper Habitat

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:16 pm

September 22, 2014 - Orlando, FL

In a meeting near Epcot yesterday, Big Wallaby made the decision to return to his rightful place as a Walt Disney World Cast Member.

"Guest service was always one of my favorite things," said Big Wallaby. "After years in real estate, timeshare and financial services, I came to a conclusion: selling things is simply not what I want to do. It's a great career, it's just not my career."

Big Wallaby will be returning to Walt Disney World on Tuesday, September 23. He will be found on Disney's Boardwalk, close to where his wife, Little Wallaby, works at the Yacht Club. "It's great! From where I work, I can see my wife's boat. Of course, by the time I arrive, she is long gone. Perhaps I can convince her to stay late and drive Illuminations Cruises."

You will be able to find Big Wallaby on select nights at Jellyrolls, where he will be starting as everyone does: at the bottom of the food chain. From there he will be working his way up to bartending for the venue which features dueling pianos, played by players who take requests the entire evening. Big Wallaby is currently working on two premium cocktails that he will introduce shortly after he begins tending the bar.

Okay, enough of the news-story-style thing. It's late, I am tired (and I have been practicing mixing drinks for a while, so I can't sound very cohesive or coherent above... but you get the idea.

So come see me at Jellyrolls... and stay for the show, because it's absolutely awesome.

Now to find my old nametag, with my one-year pin... :dpiano:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Ianto Jones
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Big Wallaby To Return To Proper Habitat

Post by Ianto Jones » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:03 am

This post makes me very happy!
We live in CA, but hope to make it to FL for a visit in a year or three -- and would love to thank you for everything!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:50 am

Back in your "proper habitat" indeed. Great news! Now if I could just get out there again...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:51 am

Well, that was an interesting experience. Very interesting.

There is a certain rotation you are supposed to follow; however, they had me hold back a round because if I went on the same rotation as my trainer, that would have put me in a position to work directly with the owner. He's one of the piano players, and even the managers wanted to protect me from working with him, at least, for my first night. Wow..

So, we'll see what happens. Whether Jellyrolls is the right place or not, I do know it's a step in the right direction.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:28 am

Congratulations and I hope you are able to advance positions real quickly. We all know that the mouse can be a little stingy when it comes to pay for those at the bottom. :wink: