SG recruiting....

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

SG recruiting....

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:08 pm

So I am at Star Tours recently, we were at the front of the line outside and told to wait there by the CM (think attraction had just come off a 101). All of a sudden this SG ducks under the rope to stand next to us and encouraged/yelled the rest of his group to join him-come ON, it's like Star Wars, the seats move!!! While his party paused, we slowly moved forward a bit to maintain our place in line, not even looking at him or his group, when from behind us we hear,"Oh, don't worry, we won't cut in front of YOU!!!" We maintained our policy of feigning deafness, wishing we were as he VERY loudly tried to impress his group with his vast knowledge of navigating Disneyland. Then, the kicker- his group began to address him, also very loudly as a person of standing in his particular religion. Bizarre.
Due to his loudness and aggression, we were relieved he didn't go to the same destination although it would have been satisfying to leave him on Hoth.

hueneme
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: SG recruiting....

Post by hueneme » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:20 pm

I read your post 4 times. I am trying to find some question from you that is being thrown out for discussion, but I can fine none. All I can find is a rant. What am I missing? Thanks.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:56 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Then, the kicker- his group began to address him, also very loudly as a person of standing in his particular religion.
Were they A-holeics?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:57 pm

hueneme wrote:I read your post 4 times. I am trying to find some question from you that is being thrown out for discussion, but I can fine none. All I can find is a rant. What am I missing? Thanks.
DisneyMom rant? Never happened.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:34 am

hobie16 wrote:
hueneme wrote:I read your post 4 times. I am trying to find some question from you that is being thrown out for discussion, but I can fine none. All I can find is a rant. What am I missing? Thanks.
DisneyMom rant? Never happened.
Thank You for reading my post four times and not fineing me :biggrin: It may be that I am unclear on the rules. Should all postings be presented in a format similar to the answers on Jeopardy? If so, I will re-phrase my story: What is the reason a SG ducks under the rope? What is the favorite recruitment method for SGs to entice others under said rope? What are examples of aggressive and annoying SG behavior? What horrible punishments can be given to a SG? Actually, that was kind of fun to re-write!

Hobie, you are beyond kind :rocker:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:04 am

Perhaps you are missing the name of this website. It is: "Stupid Guest Tricks". It's where folks come to rant about stupid guests by telling others about the dumb tricks they've pulled (and also just to have fun). DisneyMom's post is well within these guidelines.

This board isn't a good place to go if you're looking for a place to post and answer travel tips. I recommend the PassPorter board for that; very nice folks there and hardly ever a rant.

But if you want to rant about stupid, this is the place!

Sorry if you feel picked upon by this post. But given that when one person asks, ten people wonder....

Zazu, Admin,
StupidGuestTricks.com

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:35 am

DisneyMom wrote:What is the reason a SG ducks under the rope?
Why do I now have this visual of a series of "chicken crossing the road" style jokes, but all featuring SGs ducking under ropes?

:thumbsup:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:25 am

DisneyMom wrote:
Thank You for reading my post four times and not fineing me :biggrin: It may be that I am unclear on the rules. Should all postings be presented in a format similar to the answers on Jeopardy?
No complaints from Alex yet. Just carry on, but don't expect to win money. :)