Dumb Guests at Goofys Kitchen

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Dumb Guests at Goofys Kitchen

Post by drcorey » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:41 pm

seen some people that didn't speak much English last week at goofys kitchen
of all the gourmet things they had out for brunch,
this family was stuffing themselves with hot dogs.
must have been Europeans cause they were nuts for American hot dogs.
I am thinking, geez, show them a wiernerschnitzel and they can stuff themselves for like 75% less.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Dumb Guests at Goofys Kitchen

Post by felinefan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:31 pm

Anywhere you go in the world, what is considered a delicacy locally may be either disgusting to you or something to try--and unobtainable in America. Same with people from otter parts of the world. When I was living with a Vietnamese couple five years ago, they said that a meal with meat the way we Americans eat would only be available to the wealthy. Some of our American everyday foods are a novelty to foreigners. Hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, etc. are generally unknown or a rumor in other parts of the world. I have a book about the Fleischer brothers (Betty Boop), and when they came to America, their mother threw out a bottle of ketchup because she thought it was "cat soup". Pizza as we know it doesn't exist in Italy; their pizzas are very simple. Foreigners see American food as something they must try, if only to see what it's like or just so they can say back home they ate like an American.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Dumb Guests at Goofys Kitchen

Post by drcorey » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:59 pm

felinefan wrote:Anywhere you go in the world, what is considered a delicacy locally may be either disgusting to you or something to try--and unobtainable in America. Same with people from otter parts of the world. When I was living with a Vietnamese couple five years ago, they said that a meal with meat the way we Americans eat would only be available to the wealthy. Some of our American everyday foods are a novelty to foreigners. Hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, etc. are generally unknown or a rumor in other parts of the world. I have a book about the Fleischer brothers (Betty Boop), and when they came to America, their mother threw out a bottle of ketchup because she thought it was "cat soup". Pizza as we know it doesn't exist in Italy; their pizzas are very simple. Foreigners see American food as something they must try, if only to see what it's like or just so they can say back home they ate like an American.
Eat like a American. poop like a American.