This SG is all wet...

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

This SG is all wet...

Post by BRWombat » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:46 am

From Not Always Right. Location: New River Gorge, West Virginia:

Customer: “How do you get the boat to spin like we just did? Is it hooked up to wires?”

Me: “Um… ma’am, we are rafting on a river. This is not a ride. There are no wires.”

Customer: “I thought this was a ride, like at a theme park.”

Me: “No, ma’am, this is a real river.”

Customer: “Oh, okay. Guess I better not fall out, then.” *continues paddling*

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: This SG is all wet...

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:13 am

Huh. I thought that was only a problem on Safari. I started calling it Safari Syndrome.

"Trust me, ma'am. That rhinoceros is real. And that one that you're trying to climb out of the truck to touch likes to think of himself as a puppy. A 3,000 pound lap dog. Just imagine your minivan, trying to sit in your lap. On Sunday afternoo... Okay, folks. With that, we're just going to move along and let the game warden deal with that one. Trust me, folks, you don't want to see what she experienced when the 3,000 pound playful puppy tried to sit in her lap."

Goodness, I need to write to Bob Newhart with what I have above, and have him do one of his one-person dialogues as a safari guide.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:17 am

A couple years ago at the San Diego Zoo I was fortunate to be able to feed a rhino and scratch his back with a long handled scrub brush. Not 15 min later he and his brother were butting heads with loud BOOMS.....a little shocking considering how placid they were before. :rhino:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:52 am

DisneyMom wrote:A couple years ago at the San Diego Zoo I was fortunate to be able to feed a rhino and scratch his back with a long handled scrub brush. Not 15 min later he and his brother were butting heads with loud BOOMS.....a little shocking considering how placid they were before. :rhino:
What did you put on the brush?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:02 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Huh. I thought that was only a problem on Safari. I started calling it Safari Syndrome.

"Trust me, ma'am. That rhinoceros is real. And that one that you're trying to climb out of the truck to touch likes to think of himself as a puppy. A 3,000 pound lap dog. Just imagine your minivan, trying to sit in your lap. On Sunday afternoo... Okay, folks. With that, we're just going to move along and let the game warden deal with that one. Trust me, folks, you don't want to see what she experienced when the 3,000 pound playful puppy tried to sit in her lap."

Goodness, I need to write to Bob Newhart with what I have above, and have him do one of his one-person dialogues as a safari guide.
I LOVE the Bob Newhart reference. I can't get enough of his one man dialogues. The bus driver training is by far my favorite.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:57 am

Bus driver trainer, driving instructor... so many great ones out there.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:09 am

I like the one where Abner Doubleday called the big game syndicate in New York to "pitch" his idea for baseball.

Audio here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh4CvpfXUZ4

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:10 am

hobie16 wrote:
DisneyMom wrote:A couple years ago at the San Diego Zoo I was fortunate to be able to feed a rhino and scratch his back with a long handled scrub brush. Not 15 min later he and his brother were butting heads with loud BOOMS.....a little shocking considering how placid they were before. :rhino:
What did you put on the brush?
Eleph-rhino :razz: