The Backlot Tour will not be down for breakfast

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

The Backlot Tour will not be down for breakfast

Post by hhsrat » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Disney announced that the Studio Backlot Tour attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios would be closing, as of 9/27.

From what I've seen elsewhere on the internet, unlike the loss of Off Kilter, and the changing of Maelstrom into a Frozen ride, this particular closing seems to be one that is not terribly upsetting to most folks. The only folks who seem at all disappointed are people who are (like myself) former Backlot Tour guides, but even that particular demographic is largely in the "Well, we had some good memories, but yeah, it's time" camp.

And now, for your viewing pleasure(?), I proudly present Harbor Attack, starring hhsrat. (I'm the voice on the microphone ... and also visible in the white shirt for roughly the first 6 seconds)

[video][/video]

Widget
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: The Backlot Tour will not be down for breakfast

Post by Widget » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:27 am

Wow. I had not heard about that closing. Too bad. I always looked forward to going on it. Great way to sit for a few minutes and relax yet still be entertained.

kcberlin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: The Backlot Tour will not be down for breakfast

Post by kcberlin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:43 am

I have fond memories of this from my honeymoon (20 years ago). It really has become a shadow of its former self.