I like to play around with electronics

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

I like to play around with electronics

Post by drcorey » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:45 am

and after I saw the talking mickey I wanted to play around with digital voice synths.
so after like over a year, I have a DVS that can learn from digital samples.

What does this mean?

well, you upload a sample voice into the memory, and after it processes it, that's what it sounds like. like, if I feed in a sample of goofys voice, whatever you say into the mike sounds like goofys voice. do you think Disney would be interested in this?
so who would I contact at Disney to show this to them?
I could be known as the man that made the non face character talk.

course if Disney wants it, they will prolly tell me to not say anything to anyone.
so if I don't talk about it anymore, you will know why.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: I like to play around with electronics

Post by Zazu » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:09 am

I don't know if Disney cares (or if they have such already), but you could probably make your fortune by selling it as a smartphone app to people who are tired of listening to Siri!

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:27 pm

Or turn it into something that answers the phone when you get robocalls or other phone scams. Imagine Mickey Mouse telling some jerk in Mumbai to take a hike when he starts spieling about mortgages or something. Go to www.whocallsme.com, and there should be, on the right side of the page, a link for an audio of a guy who pulled a fast one on a telemarketer in India; it's titled "I'm an Indian, too!" Totally hilarious.

EpcotFan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by EpcotFan » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:23 pm

drcorey wrote:and after I saw the talking mickey I wanted to play around with digital voice synths.

What does this mean?

well, you upload a sample voice into the memory, and after it processes it, that's what it sounds like. like, if I feed in a sample of goofys voice, whatever you say into the mike sounds like goofys voice. do you think Disney would be interested in this?

course if Disney wants it, they will prolly tell me to not say anything to anyone.
I think Disney already has been working on this. I saw Mickey Mouse actually having a conversation with people at the D23 Expo in 2011 using similar technology, and it's already in use for Turtle Talk with Crush.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:15 pm

EpcotFan wrote:
drcorey wrote:and after I saw the talking mickey I wanted to play around with digital voice synths.

What does this mean?

I think Disney already has been working on this. I saw Mickey Mouse actually having a conversation with people at the D23 Expo in 2011 using similar technology, and it's already in use for Turtle Talk with Crush.
but you prolly cant just take a crush voice synth and put it in Winnie the pooh.
course I don't know if their units need to be trained or programmed thou

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:27 pm

felinefan wrote:Or turn it into something that answers the phone when you get robocalls or other phone scams. Imagine Mickey Mouse telling some jerk in Mumbai to take a hike when he starts spieling about mortgages or something. Go to http://www.whocallsme.com, and there should be, on the right side of the page, a link for an audio of a guy who pulled a fast one on a telemarketer in India; it's titled "I'm an Indian, too!" Totally hilarious.

I correct myself; the actual site is 800notes.com. http://800notes.com/videosin2GZu0HK_GU/ ... nk-call-12 is the link.