Disneyland Raises Prices

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Disneyland Raises Prices

Post by mapo » Sat May 24, 2014 4:14 am

I understand what you mean but I really do not think that demand is up...or even. Perhaps the parks can be seen as having a steady demand...but our resorts? NOPE...When I have to interact with guests that requires me to find out if they are at a Disney resort, staying off property has out distanced those staying on property. And I see a LOT of guests that require that information.

Conclusive? No. Scientific? Absolutely not. But many of these guests will apologize for not being on property! Most will cite the cost and how staying off property enabled them to make the trip to the park. Of course, I tell them that it is understandable...yes, our rooms are expensive...and we are just glad that they came to the park that day. And since I am currently being paid by a park, I did not lie.

Would I like more of these people to stay on site? You bet. THAT is what makes WDW an international RESORT experience. THAT is what (among other things) a VACATION DESTINATION. THAT is what makes our experience be more than a theme park ....

Today we had a 24 hr day at MK. Really it becomes a 40+ hour day for operational needs but....our parking lot at MK was busy... so busy that we used Epcot for redirection to parking spots. But I can honestly say that this 24 hr day is nothing compared to past events.

I am grateful to the 100+ degree heat index we had...it kept the crowds down....but the heat alone cannot explain our lower attendance on this historically popular event.

FOr now I am off to crawl into bed so I can finish this marathon 48 hr event (CM only on this one) LOL

mapo

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon May 26, 2014 11:37 am

I am seeing a possible reason for the price hike in clientele....Disneyland has become a new "Clubhouse" for adults....There are more than several "Social Groups"who meet and wear their Club's Attire and are there for meetups. Those who go to socialize more than enjoy attractions and entertainment specifically. Disney knows those people will definitely not want to give up their friends/events and will pay the price. Not to mention those of us who are just freakin' addicted :)

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:44 am

DisneyMom wrote:Not to mention those of us who are just freakin' addicted :)
You addicted? Naaaaaaaaaaa...

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon May 26, 2014 11:58 am

hobie16 wrote:
I was only there last week and am starting to get jittery......

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon May 26, 2014 12:03 pm

soon you will start acting Goofy

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon May 26, 2014 10:22 pm

I see DL busier than ever. It used to be that we could find weeks to go where the crowd calendars were 1 out of 10. Now some of the best weeks are 3 out of 10 and that seems to be good. I see the crowds increasing and the business side of a disney showing more than ever. Merchandise is more uniform and so are the experiences. Am I going to slow down my visits? No!!!!!! Are we more careful about what we do? Yes.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue May 27, 2014 5:14 am

hobie16 wrote:
But DisneyMom's addiction is a very good thing hobie. Equates to me seeing them more. :dpiano:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Tue May 27, 2014 9:39 am

Main Streeter wrote:
hobie16 wrote:
But DisneyMom's addiction is a very good thing hobie. Equates to me seeing them more. :dpiano:
Absolutely! Being addicted to something is not necessarily a bad thing. I've got this thing about getting to ride in the front cab on the Monorail. It doesn't always happen which makes it even better. And, if you're with a friend who has never been up front before, total score.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed May 28, 2014 5:46 am

hobie16 wrote:I've got this thing about getting to ride in the front cab on the Monorail.
I know. :) Fly over and we will ride up front all day. :monorail: Make plans now to come for DisneyLand's Diamond Jubilee (or W/E it's to be called) Entry fee will be raised again, but you don't need to fret. :hero:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Wed May 28, 2014 12:56 pm

Main Streeter wrote:
hobie16 wrote:I've got this thing about getting to ride in the front cab on the Monorail.
I know. :) Fly over and we will ride up front all day. :monorail: Make plans now to come for DisneyLand's Diamond Jubilee (or W/E it's to be called) Entry fee will be raised again, but you don't need to fret. :hero:
I gotta look into that.

--- Matt King