I drive invisible carts at work & the guests will sacrifice themselves for squirrels

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: I drive invisible carts at work & the guests will sacrifice themselves for squirr

Post by Zazu » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:59 pm

Saint March wrote:for what it's worth I'd throw myself in front of a cart for a lizard. All lizards are named Bob, and once you've named it, you get attached to it.
Wait a minute, not all lizards are named Bob. I know one who's named Bill!

Zazu

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: I drive invisible carts at work & the guests will sacrifice themselves for squirr

Post by mechurchlady » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:06 am

Do not forget the Frilled Necked Lizard named FRank in the Rescuers Down Under.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHmjiPLpKVk
Joanna the Goanna from Rescuers Down Under.
Goanna is a type of lizard, a big one.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:54 am

Saint March wrote:for what it's worth I'd throw myself in front of a cart for a lizard. All lizards are named Bob, and once you've named it, you get attached to it.
I believe you're right. My wife calls all the geckos here Bob.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Saint March
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Saint March » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:44 pm

Well that was his name in the movie... but the actor that played him was named Bob. :)

[font="Century Gothic"]Welcome aboard our highway in the sky. Our next stop is the Magic Kingdom.[/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri May 01, 2009 12:59 am

but, some squirrels are quite fast...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cJJYm5f4Ds

Corey

Ianto Jones
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Romulan Cloaking Device

Post by Ianto Jones » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:15 pm

My wife and I joke that my wheelchair (or powerchair, even more so) is secretly equipped with a Romulan Cloaking Device.

There have been many times that people have tripped over or into my chair, even when I was in plain sight and *completely stationary*.
And then glared at me as if I ran into them/ran them over.

There was one time in (NOLA's) the French Quarter, when we had a teenage girl trot straight down a long stretch of otherwise empty narrow sidewalk, with us *yelling at her* and me waving my arms yet she still ran straight over me! head-on.
(I couldn't dodge without falling off a steep curb/kerb).

Another time, at the Folsom Street Fair in SF, a fellow tripped over my (then-best-friend, now-also-wife) wife, by stepping *between* her footrests, then saying he didn't see her.

We worry that these folks must absolutely flatten small children...as they can't see someone from waist-to-chest high...?

Otherwise, the w/c manufacturers truly _have_ invented cloaking technology...

(This post, while true, was meant to be humorous...)

shugotenchi
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Romulan Cloaking Device

Post by shugotenchi » Mon May 19, 2014 12:58 pm

Ianto Jones wrote:[...]

We worry that these folks must absolutely flatten small children...as they can't see someone from waist-to-chest high...?

Otherwise, the w/c manufacturers truly _have_ invented cloaking technology...

[...]

My heartfelt sympathies.

My wife usually laughs at the way I decorate her wheelchair with flashyshiny lights...until about the third or fourth person careens right into her. I have had to, um, "confiscate" her expanding-light-sword-flashlight thing that she likes to use to impart clue concussively to the navigation-challenged.

"We did not choose to become the guardians, but there is no one else."