The Disney Rumor Mill -Bye bye Magic Hat

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: The Disney Rumor Mill -Bye bye Magic Hat

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:24 am

hobie16 wrote:Fillmore Auditorium? That place was quite interesting. It was right in the middle of a red light district. We'd be standing in line waiting to get in and would get propositioned and offered grass and acid. It was a full service auditorium.

I was there one night when Jefferson Airplane opened for the Grateful Dead. They both did two sets and then both bands came out and jammed for an hour. Those were the good old days.
I so envy you. Though The City & I are not friends, The Grateful Dead @ Filmore, jamming with Jefferson Airplane - I'd have been there in a heartbeat. Wow hobie, I am totally impressed. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:17 am

Main Streeter wrote:I so envy you. Though The City & I are not friends, The Grateful Dead @ Filmore, jamming with Jefferson Airplane - I'd have been there in a heartbeat. Wow hobie, I am totally impressed. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Does that make up for my Razr?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:50 am

hobie16 wrote:Fillmore Auditorium? That place was quite interesting. It was right in the middle of a red light district. We'd be standing in line waiting to get in and would get propositioned and offered grass and acid. It was a full service auditorium.

I was there one night when Jefferson Airplane opened for the Grateful Dead. They both did two sets and then both bands came out and jammed for an hour. Those were the good old days.
I lived around the corner from the Fillmore for 8 weeks in 2000. My apartment was at the corner of Fillmore and Post. It was a very cool experience, as my roommate is a Grammy winning recording engineer, and he was in seventh heaven living so close to the legendary place. He still talks about how cool that place we rented in SF was. Needless to say the neighborhood was becoming gentrified at this point in time.

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by DragonFox98 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:59 am

Thanks guys for the Abbot & Costello chuckle. My assistant poked her head in my office to ask why I was laughing so loudly. I couldn't explain because I am laughing so hard, I have tears coming down my face.

*catches breath*

Oh.....I needed that. It's been a crazy, crazy Monday.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:46 pm

hobie16 wrote:Does that make up for my Razr?
100% & more. ;) I was abit over the top. Forgive me. :)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:18 pm

I wonder if that's the source of the name Filmore for the 60s van in "Cars" that is also a hippie type.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:30 pm

felinefan wrote:I wonder if that's the source of the name Filmore for the 60s van in "Cars" that is also a hippie type.
Most likely. Carousel Ballroom or Winterland don't work quite as well.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:07 pm

This topic drift has reminded me of a rather subtle joke done on the show Robot Chicken. It has a figure dressed as Tom Baker's version of The Doctor standing on first base. He looks around, as if impatient, then looks at the "fourth wall" and asks "Have you gotten it yet?"

It did take me a while to figure out what the joke was, myself, and it was much better than the usually "locker room" type humor they have on the program.

seeing_eye_child
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by seeing_eye_child » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:25 am

PatchOBlack wrote:This topic drift has reminded me of a rather subtle joke done on the show Robot Chicken. It has a figure dressed as Tom Baker's version of The Doctor standing on first base. He looks around, as if impatient, then looks at the "fourth wall" and asks "Have you gotten it yet?"

It did take me a while to figure out what the joke was, myself, and it was much better than the usually "locker room" type humor they have on the program.
*snicker* Lost on too many, I bet. Leverage has a bit with a fake passport using the name Tom Baker. I think the guy actually picks from two old doctors, but 4 is the one that sticks in my mind.

Going around World Showcase is like traveling in time and relative dimensions in space! :tardis:

Ianto Jones
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Highway 17...

Post by Ianto Jones » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:44 am

Main Streeter wrote:
Big Wallaby wrote:Which?
Oh BW.... ya gotta know Scott's Valley to appreciate hobie's come back. Hobie, ::shudder:: re Scotts Valley. Highway 17. :eek: :eek:

::Shudder:: re: Hwy 17...

One of my previous jobs, I lived in San Jose, *worked* in San Francisco, and drove a carpool for over a year that ran all the way to Santa Cruz, via the 17, right past Scott's Valley *and* Aptos.

I still have nightmares about rainy nights, in the truck lane, with my hazards on....

(And if I was too tired, I would *totally* pull into a passing roundabout for a nap before continuing, because life is too precious to drive that road in the dark while exhausted...)

Good times. Heyyy, a cool w/c smilie! Dibs...
:wheelchair: