Live from MCO Gate 129

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Live from MCO Gate 129

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:11 pm

Moments ago I sat down at these really cool leather seats Southwest has placed next to the gates, waiting for my flight to Phoenix. My seat is closer to Gate 128, where the current flight is just finishing boarding. There was no one waiting at the gate, just the guy in charge of the boarding. So this lady came up and started asking questions. I kinda didn't hear most of them, until her last question before walking away: "Will you watch my bags?"

Uh, ma'am? Welcome to the AIRPORT. Did you forget that TSA checkpoint you went through just moments ago?

:banghead:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Live from MCO Gate 129

Post by hhsrat » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:33 pm

"Yes, I'd be happy to watch your bags. I will watch them as I inform airport security about the unattended bags, and I will watch them as the TSA is taking them away, hopefully to be detonated at a secure location"

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:39 pm

Last part is the part I wanna see.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Monorail_Red
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: Monorails
Position: Former CM

Post by Monorail_Red » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:48 pm

One time I was flying out from MCO and I was in the line for the bag check. There were a lot of people, so they had the queue setup and it wrapped around a few times. About 5 min after stepping in line, an airport employee comes up the queue area and says "are these anybody's bags?" and he repeated the question a few times. Nobody came forward until the 5th time he repeated it. Eventually some elderly lady came forward. Apparently she left her bags at a point in the queue you would walk past several times as the line winds around and you move up. She didn't want to carry them through the queue, so she left them outside the queue.