Saving Mr Banks

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Saving Mr Banks

Post by drcorey » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:48 pm

someone pede the bed

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:22 am

DisneyMom wrote: :Scoot: rocks! maybe she could detect signs of life coming from my kids' room on Saturdays so I could get them to clean!
If Scooter sees a bed with a person on it she'll hop up, find the warmest spot, tuck in and go to sleep. I think you need Hobie. She'll jump up on the edge of the bed and give them the big wet nose.
Last edited by Zazu on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed smilie code

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:20 am

After 1 wake up call, my kids know that a cup of water in an exposed ear hole is the next visit. We now have a house where people get up the first time they are asked. I was accused of being a little harsh once, but after a nice "talking to" the accusation was retracted.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:31 am

Kids, wear your ear muffs!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:45 am

Two things from the multimedia iBooks download on Saving Mr. Banks, about Travers' reaction to the finished movie: They have the text of a telegram Mrs. Travers sent to Walt congratulating him on the movie, and particularly praising several of the performers. She singles out Julie Andrews and David Tomlinson and the children ("especially the girl"), and promises a follow-up letter with more reaction. It's very interesting, in light of her supposed dislike of the movie, that nothing negative is said.

There is, however, a short anecdote that immediately following the premiere at the Chinese, Mrs. Travers approached Walt with several suggestions for changes to the film. Walt replied to her, "Pamela, that ship has sailed!" :biggrin:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:40 pm

BRWombat wrote: "... that ship has sailed!"
I used that same line when my oldest kid, who had dropped out of college right after I spent $6000 on tuition, demanded that I started paying tuition again because she had gotten her head back together and wanted to finish her degree.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:28 am

After seeing Saving Mr. Banks a second time, I noted a few, well, many things I had missed or not gotten the first time. I especially liked Walt's tone and edict when both were going to ride the merry go round. After conversations with Travers Walt finally and firmly stated; "Pam, get on the horse!" The fact Ralph, her driver was fictional, rather saddened me. He played such a fine roll.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:59 am

Main Streeter wrote:After seeing Saving Mr. Banks a second time, I noted a few, well, many things I had missed or not gotten the first time. I especially liked Walt's tone and edict when both were going to ride the merry go round. After conversations with Travers Walt finally and firmly stated; "Pam, get on the horse!" The fact Ralph, her driver was fictional, rather saddened me. He played such a fine roll.
I completely agree with your statement, both Walt and Ralph. I'm glad that Ralph was there and I'm sure he was there as a conduit to show that Mrs. Travers had a softer side, if you could break through the wall.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:46 pm

Ralph was played by Paul Giamatti, one of my favorites. I first saw him in the Howard Stern movie "Private Parts" where he had the most unfortunate nickname. :lol:

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:06 am

My family has always thought of Giamatti as the villain in Big Fat Liar. That has to be one of his all time best characters. They said they wanted to go home and watch Big Fat Liars after we saw Saving Mr Banks in the theater.