Really?!?!

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Really?!?!

Post by drcorey » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:00 pm

delsdad wrote:
Zazu wrote:
drcorey wrote:what do you want, kangaroo legs?
and have a hoppy lunch
If I want a "hoppy" lunch, it won't include legs -- turkey, kangaroo, or other! :beer:
Are wings an acceptable accompaniment? :chicken:
yes, when you get your legs, something with wings will try to yank it out of your face.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:37 am

Big Wallaby wrote:
Goofyernmost wrote:I don't even want to meet up with a Turkey that big. :turkeyleg:
Have you seen how big industrial chickens are? With all the stuff they inject into them, the steroids and antibiotics, chickens get to the size of what turkeys should be.

Makes you not want to eat American meat.
Makes me want to eat one right now. I shouldn't read this post on an empty stomach.

With envy thing in the world that's going to kill me, I think I would choose to die with one of these babies in my hand, or mouth as the case may be. This is one of our favorite treats. I'm glad they are so big so we don't have to buy quite as many at a time.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:58 am

delsdad wrote:
Zazu wrote:
drcorey wrote:what do you want, kangaroo legs?
and have a hoppy lunch
If I want a "hoppy" lunch, it won't include legs -- turkey, kangaroo, or other! :beer:
Are wings an acceptable accompaniment? :chicken:
Wait, do you want to accompany the turkey legs or the beer with eating Paul McCartney's band?

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:25 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Some of you may be familiar with the Ellen Show and their support of the Gentle Barn out here in the Santa Clarita area. They have rescued a wide variety of animals, but sadly, some of the Turkeys they rescue happen to be crippled due to the fact that the birds that we eat are bred to be so heavy that their little (fat) legs can no longer support them :sad: :turkey:
DM, you perhaps know I support The Gentle Barn in every way possible. They do so much to help and give animals, birds of all kinds a safe life. Turkeys are cuddlers, The really are. The Gentle Barn is on fb. Check it out. Donate if you can.

Widget
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Widget » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:31 am

I raise turkeys, ducks and chickens here. Some for pets, some for eggs and some for the freezer. I chose heritage turkey breeds since they are slower growing, do not get to be monster size and can actually breed without help. Same with the chickens. That means they can live for many years (except for the ones who end up in the freezer) with no man made health issues. Never knew there were so many different breeds of birds until I started owning them.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:12 am

Widget wrote:I raise turkeys, ducks and chickens here. Some for pets, some for eggs and some for the freezer. I chose heritage turkey breeds since they are slower growing, do not get to be monster size and can actually breed without help. Same with the chickens. That means they can live for many years (except for the ones who end up in the freezer) with no man made health issues. Never knew there were so many different breeds of birds until I started owning them.
The chatter would make me nuts.
do they follow you around like puppies?

Widget
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Widget » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:25 pm

drcorey wrote:
Widget wrote:I raise turkeys, ducks and chickens here. Some for pets, some for eggs and some for the freezer. I chose heritage turkey breeds since they are slower growing, do not get to be monster size and can actually breed without help. Same with the chickens. That means they can live for many years (except for the ones who end up in the freezer) with no man made health issues. Never knew there were so many different breeds of birds until I started owning them.
The chatter would make me nuts.
do they follow you around like puppies?

Worse than puppies. Always underfoot looking for a handout. But they are entertaining. Not sure if the horses think so since the birds love to steal grain from them.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:25 pm

hmm always under foot?
makes you wanna play fowl football once in a while,
and the chicken sails over the back yard fence. sideways...

Widget
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Widget » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:53 pm

Once in a while I do without meaning to do so. Or I have to battle them to get the cover off the trash can where their food is stored. They seem to think that I can still get the food out if they are standing on the cover.
drcorey wrote:hmm always under foot?
makes you wanna play fowl football once in a while,
and the chicken sails over the back yard fence. sideways...

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:12 pm

Zazu wrote: Wait, do you want to accompany the turkey legs or the beer with eating Paul McCartney's band?
McCartneys band is all vegetarian/vegan on tour these days. And I have never cared for eating vegetarian!