Please tell me the truth about Christmas week

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Please tell me the truth about Christmas week

Post by Near Philly » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:10 am

Good, bad, and ugly things.
Staying at YC / CL----12/22 - 12/27
Going to Candlelight Processional 12/25. All dinner reservations made.

We usually book our out-of-pocket trips for MUCH quieter times, but this year decided to avoid the relatives by going to WDW. We put up with the family and relatives for Thanksgiving, Christmas is ours.
We know it's going to be insanely crowded and this is more of an atmosphere trip than a How Many Rides Can We Do In A Day trip.
We will have a rental car and are going to try to make it over to ICE ! at the Gaylord Palms.
Any tips, hints, suggestions will be greatly appreciated and, as always, if you want to be found PM me the who, where, when, you are.
I'll be the guy with his wife and these two:
Attachments
IMG_3359 (Mobile).JPG
IMG_3359 (Mobile).JPG (27.94 KiB) Viewed 3445 times

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Please tell me the truth about Christmas week

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Hey, as long as you don't plan to go on rides, you can't go wrong.

I would do other things than the parks on the 25th and 31st, except to get into MK for the fireworks. Get there early... 09:00 is NOT too soon to arrive.

But other than that, I have a friend who went yesterday and never waited more than half an hour for any attraction, including Space Mountain. Maybe, just maybe, this new FP system has worked out some of the kinks.

I mean, I am not holding my breath, but I have heard good reports.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:04 pm

I was at AK and EC yesterday. Rode Safari, Everest, Dinosnore, Spaceship Earth, Test Track (single rider), Soarin, Small World en Espanol, Maelstrom, and the Canada Movie without waiting longer than 35 minutes in any line. And no Fastpass.

However, it will get busier as we get closer to Christmas day, and then the 26-31 will be pretty solidly packed the whole time.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:27 am

Book Fastpass+ now, or resign yourself to 2-hour waits.

Do not rely on monorail transportation, it's been very flaky of late and they'll be cutting service hours soon to do more maintenance.

If you drive to a Park, understand that thanks to the new safety procedures, it's faster to walk than to take the tram to/from the gate.

The MK does a "dress rehersal" of NYE fireworks on 30 December. Word!

And as has been said already, expect it to be :crowd: :crowd: :crowd: