Lost Kids?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
TinkersMama
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Lost Kids?

Post by TinkersMama » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:21 pm

What's the policy at the World for helping children who get separated from their parents? When we were at Epcot on Monday, there was a young girl (4-5) who was wandering around without her parents. Some guests near me flagged down a cast member who did nothing to help her - but pointed her to security at the front of the park. I'd think that all cast members would have a role to play in reuniting kids with their parents. (Not trying to assume - really would like to know for the future)

Thanks.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Lost Kids?

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:13 pm

What? Helping lost kids is one of the most important things Cast Members can do. I didn't have much to do with lost kids often, but there is PLENTY each CM can do. It's not hard and it doesn't take much time, because usually a manager or security is there within moments.

The one time I wanted to do bodily damage to the parents, was when Mom got off the Monorail at Base (TTC) on Express. The doors opened, and she shouted, "Oh, my God! I forgot my son!"

For the first couple minutes, we had her stand with us to wait for the next train or two... or three... It quickly became apparent her son was not on the next train. I started making calls, first to MK Monorail station, then to the front of the park. Finally I called Control. They had found him. In the park. That means she had exited the park without her son, waited for and boarded the Monorail without her son. That would be pretty confusing on its own. But what made it worse was where they had found her son, almost an hour earlier... in Frontierland. So add that she had walked through the park, with no concern for her son.

Her husband and one other son had also failed to notice the problem.

I hope that family never takes a cruise.

:banghead:

:imwithmany:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:40 pm

I have found the CMs at DLR VERY HELPFUL when it comes to Lost Kids. My older one with Autism followed the wrong person way back when he was about 6, became separated and Security found him within about 5 minutes :bow:

Also :bow: to the Ktulu Family who found my same son (then about age 23) upset waiting for me at POTC, figured out he was mine, and calmed him down. We had made arrangements to meet there, and he came back earlier than I anticipated.

TinkersMama
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by TinkersMama » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:06 pm

That's the part that really bothered me - he did NOTHING. He had a radio on his belt, and was clearly dressed as a cast member. The woman who asked him to help looked at him like he had 3 heads. (What on earth would have happened if that little girl never showed up at Security? - Heck I don't even know the end to the story.)

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:09 am

TinkersMama wrote:That's the part that really bothered me - he did NOTHING. He had a radio on his belt, and was clearly dressed as a cast member. The woman who asked him to help looked at him like he had 3 heads. (What on earth would have happened if that little girl never showed up at Security? - Heck I don't even know the end to the story.)
Unless, he already knew she was there.....! Wouldn't security have notified via radio that someone had been found? Perhaps comes under the heading of "the rest of the story". The lady might have only asked him were security was, a young CM might not connect the dots sufficiently to assume something. I don't know, I wasn't there and could not hear the conversation. These were the first thoughts that came to mind for me.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:53 pm

in the case were the mom left the kid at another park, they need a "special" security detail dressed like peter pan, but he take them to the store, and lets them buy anything till the parents show up! then the parents pay for the shopping spree! :lol:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:09 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:in the case were the mom left the kid at another park, they need a "special" security detail dressed like peter pan, but he take them to the store, and lets them buy anything till the parents show up! then the parents pay for the shopping spree! :lol:
If the kid had an RFID wristband on he could go crazy and the parents wouldn't know what the damage was until the bill showed up. Or, the kid could treat the CMs to a huge thank you party on the parent's card. Either way, a win win.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:45 pm

I once tried to lose the gf's kids.
but they seemed to keep finding me.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:46 pm

hobie16 wrote:
GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:in the case were the mom left the kid at another park, they need a "special" security detail dressed like peter pan, but he take them to the store, and lets them buy anything till the parents show up! then the parents pay for the shopping spree! :lol:
If the kid had an RFID wristband on he could go crazy and the parents wouldn't know what the damage was until the bill showed up. Or, the kid could treat the CMs to a huge thank you party on the parent's card. Either way, a win win.
just chip them like a pet.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:00 pm

drcorey wrote:
hobie16 wrote:
just chip them like a pet.
Only if you could send a power surge that stunned them, like the so called "invisible fence" for pets. :hysterical: