Your Best SGTs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Csaks
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Your Best SGTs

Post by Csaks » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:41 am

Looks to me that Disney is trying to stamp out abuse of the old system. Nothing wrong with that, people shouldn't be mad at them for the changes. They should be mad at those that have abused it to the point where they needed to do something about it in the first place.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:08 pm

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:23 pm

I am planning to go to DLR hosing a friend who has a special-needs child and may get to report first-hand...of course, if there is no need (short lines),we won't use it. :)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

adisneydreamer
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by adisneydreamer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:44 pm

WEDFan wrote:I think the "best" SGT I recall from the World was probably at Snow White's Scary Adventures. An extended family consisting of four adults including several children included one young child that absolutely did not want to go on the ride. The poor kid was crying and wailing, obviously scared to death. The CM was trying to defuse the situation by reassuring the kid, but also trying to get the parents to not force the issue. It seemed like everyone around was uncomfortable. I certainly was. Then it happened. For the first time in my WDW experience I was glad to see a ride go down. The CM let the family know there was no way to know how long it would be. The child was already quieting down as the family left.

We decided to hang out for a while and see if the ride came back up since we had nowhere in particular to be. Actually, most of small line remained. It wasn't a busy day. A short time later everything was back running, and we enjoyed one of our last rides on this attraction.

I don't know if the CM was actually trying to discourage the SG's (while still providing not time estimate when others asked, she seemed much more upbeat about a quick restart), but we were sure glad to see them go. Watching the poor kid made us cringe.
This happened many years ago, I was standing in line inside of the Haunted Mansion with my grandson when I heard screaming from way in front of us. A boy around 7 or 8 I would say didn't want to go on the ride and the father was smacking him and telling him he was going to ride. It made me so mad, my husband was sitting outside with our granddaughter because she didn't want to ride but my grandson did. Then when I finished I stayed out and he got to ride it with my grandson. Really it was just that easy, I know you want to ride as a family but still putting a child through that isn't going to make him want to ride it.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:38 pm

I don't get why parents would do that.

I know that kids get fears growing up, but they usually overcome them on their own terms. hitting a kid sure isn't going to accomplish that!

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:09 am

I know all kids and families are different. We have been able to talk to our kids beforehand and we help them understand that, first of all, this is for fun and we are together as a family on vacation. The next thing to talk to them about is that Disney will do nothing to hurt them. Then we ask them if we can try everything just once. If they don't like it, or are scared by it, they don't have to do it again. They have pushed back on this a little, but after riding them, they end up loving them. I ink the tower of terror is the only ride on either coast that my wife and son won't ride again. He's 6 so I know that will change. As for Cinderella, I'm not sure I will ever get her to ride it again. It is entertaining to see her freak out on it, but she doesn't think it is nearly as funny as I do. She usually takes our son on another ride while the rest of us ride ToT.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:46 am

On our last trip to DLR, our youngest (5) didn't want to ride Matterhorn. She finally decided to try it, but was freaked out after load and we moved to seatbelt check. I was behind her holding her hand, and got the look from the CM. After the ride was over, my daughter was all smiles. Dad! That was fun! The CM told me she knew that would happen, made me feel better about the situation! We talk to her as well, but I tell them her that Walt loved kids and would never build anything to hurt them. She is usually willing to ride anything at least once each trip. I know it'll get easier as she gets older.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."