Food N Drunk

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Food N Drunk

Post by mapo » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:51 am

Yessss....I am being a bit chatty tonight LOL

Now, I thought that this year when we had the "Flower and Garden" festival at EPCOT they had said that they extended the schedule so they could include "Food and Wine" with it. I mean, we all were calling it "Dirt and Drunk"! :twisted:

I thought that with them extending the Flower and Garden that all we had to worry about was the nice LONG holiday period we have for Christmas holidays.

But Nooooooo....here come Food and Drunk AGAIN. :barf:

I don't understand...has EPCOT become so desperate for anyone to go to the park that they just package up some booze offerings to go with the visit or event?

Oh and I have to say that I really do not see the "foodie" types out there enjoying all those small samples offered in the booths. I do see plenty of custom made t-shirts proclaiming that they drank around the world during the event though.

And seriously, did you have to make the custom t shirt that actually SAYS "Food and Drunk" 2013 on it???? I mean, it is not like the Cast made up the term to be COMPLEMENTARY for you vomiting, incoherent, and generally nasty people that are determined to drive after visiting EPCOT.

Worse yet, I rarely get people asking me where the "lobster tail" booth is...but man, I do know where the "grasshopper" booth is....and yes, that drink almost glows in the dark on the concrete after being ummmm, consumed and revisited later.

So, the question becomes..."Does the Food and Wine" festival booths promoting specialty drinks all over the EPCOT park really a draw for you to come as a guest to the park?" OR "I prefer fewer booths with alcohol being offered?"

I enjoy a drink as much as everyone else..I just prefer not to be subjected to drunken idiots who climb and puke on everything in what used to be one of the most beautiful places at WDW.

mapo

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Food N Drunk

Post by WEDFan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:45 am

I can tell you that, yes, the Food and Whatever is a draw for me, my wife, and a number of our friends, and we may be in the minority, but it's the Food part that attracts us.

We usually eat around the world at lunch time, though. Same food, but fewer people, and many fewer drunk people. We will often go as a group, and one person will get a sample and then everyone will try a little. This way we get to try a lot more items! :D:

Our focus on food really does seem to put us in a minority, though. Almost all the artwork on merchandise features wine and wine bottles these days. I used to get a water tumbler every year we came. I have several with silhouettes of the pavilions running around the glass. The last few years, though, the only design on the tumblers, when they had them, was wine bottles. I mean, really? Wine designs on water tumblers? We also have a great poster in our kitchen. I forget the year, but it features a charicature of a chef carrying a basket of food and holding a wine bottle. We don't mind if the wine theme is included, but these days it is featured almost exclusively.

We also have never done one of the special meal events. There is no way to enjoy a special meal at the Food and Wine without the wine pairings, so it just doesn't seem worth it for us.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:14 am

I want to visit, to try the various vittles, and some of the drinks. It's fun to "drink around the world", but not to the point of stupidity. I think many of these people have low tolerance, and lack of self control. "Hmmm…I'm buzzing pretty good, maybe I should skip this round and just take a sip of someones to try it." Nope, "I'll take one of each, yes, my party is right there *points and waves to strangers who awkwardly wave back*…"

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:29 am

We went in 2011 and had a really fun time, until about 7 pm. It was our first time to world and we wanted to make the best of it, but we quickly learned to vacate the park about that time. We don't drink, shocker, and the crowds were getting a little less "kid friendly." We enjoyed many of the food offerings and then found another park to finish the night. It was really fun, and we will go back again, but we won't be there for the evening during the festival.

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:19 am

Are these people all rich or just stupid? Have they seen the prices? To "drink around the world" is expensive, especially if you're getting a full-size drink of your own at each country. To say the drinks aren't cheap is an understatement...I don't know many people that can afford to have enough of them to actually get drunk to the point of puke... :grin:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:15 am

The wine probably has a higher margin than the food.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm heading there this weekend and I'm not going for the drinks. ;)

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:47 am

ktulu wrote: I think many of these people have low tolerance
That'd be me, thus the coke, but I bet you guessed this. :) He will not drink a drop and drive, yet we have great times when out with others, especially you and Mrs. K. :cool:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:44 pm

The time we went, we really enjoyed it, but I am no longer much of a drinker, but I did like the whine! :cool:

the different foods were interesting, and we both had a nice time.

but going there for the sole purpose of getting hammered? not so much.

(I always think of the next day hell it would be to walk around in the heat at a park, with a hangover!)

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:26 pm

Main Streeter wrote:That'd be me, thus the coke, but I bet you guessed this. :) He will not drink a drop and drive, yet we have great times when out with others, especially you and Mrs. K. :cool:
Me too. I'm pretty much a Coke drinker. I surprise waitresses who know me when I order the occasional drink. Their usual response is, "Really?!?!"

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.