Goat-Choker Trivia

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Goat-Choker Trivia

Post by hhsrat » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Zazu wrote: "When is Cap'n Jacks closing?"
10:30pm

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:45 pm

Ha, ha.

No, Cap'n Jacks is closing for good, and will be torn down to build a dam across the end of the lake. What's the last day of service to be?

:jeb:

Zazu

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Zazu wrote:Ha, ha.

No, Cap'n Jacks is closing for good, and will be torn down to build a dam across the end of the lake. What's the last day of service to be?

a dam what?

Corey

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:57 pm

drcorey wrote:a dam what?
A dam what holds back the water and doesn't leak, hopefully. :shaker:

Zazu

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:18 am

I didn't recall a firm date, so I searched around and the only thing I saw was a quote from Tom Staggs ""I think Cap'n Jack's has a limited time to go and be enjoyed," Staggs said — but a closing date has not been set, he said."

So, short of attempting reservations for the next 180 days until the system says no, I'm guessing August 15, 2013.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:29 pm

CptnSkippy wrote:I didn't recall a firm date, so I searched around and the only thing I saw was a quote from Tom Staggs ""I think Cap'n Jack's has a limited time to go and be enjoyed," Staggs said — but a closing date has not been set, he said."

So, short of attempting reservations for the next 180 days until the system says no, I'm guessing August 15, 2013.
Good guess!

Not correct, but pretty close anyway.

Any other takers?

Zazu

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Fri May 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Sorry for dropping this thread. Two points:

1. Cap'n Jack's is scheduled to close (permanently) on 22 August.

2. I'm suspending the posting of new trivial questions until we get a handle on the bandwidth problem that shut us down last month. I don't want a fun thread to keep someone from posting a stupid thread.

Zazu

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri May 24, 2013 1:25 pm

Zazu wrote:Sorry for dropping this thread. Two points:

1. Cap'n Jack's is scheduled to close (permanently) on 22 August.

2. I'm suspending the posting of new trivial questions until we get a handle on the bandwidth problem that shut us down last month. I don't want a fun thread to keep someone from posting a stupid thread.
I was wondering when you were going to admit that it was your fault! :shithaps: :D:

:goofy: :goofy:

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:03 am

Zazu wrote: 2. I'm suspending the posting of new trivial questions until we get a handle on the bandwidth problem that shut us down last month. I don't want a fun thread to keep someone from posting a stupid thread.
Any chance of reviving this thread? I thought the goat-choker trivia was a lot of fun.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:29 pm

CptnSkippy wrote: I thought the goat-choker trivia was a lot of fun.
Yes, but not the 5-legged goat-choker trivia ;)

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.