Great first time at dl paris and some SG's

Disneyland Resort Paris Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland Paris discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Great first time at dl paris and some SG's

Post by YANXWIN » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:41 am

Is plonking like quoning, as Kramer pointed out on Seinfeld? "You know, when a patient becomes difficult, you quone them."

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:26 pm

YANXWIN wrote:Is plonking like quoning, as Kramer pointed out on Seinfeld? "You know, when a patient becomes difficult, you quone them."
No, "plonking" means to do what is necessary so that you never see online posts from a given individual again. This might mean putting them on an "ignore" list or banning them from a site. Since admins can't use "ignore", if one of us plonks somebody, that means they have been banned.

Quoning them would just slow them down. Plonking them shuts them up. Even slow stupid is bad, so plonk is the correct term.

Zazu

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:37 am

While it would take some effort from the board owners to set up and admins to run, there is an anti spamming procedure I have seen used before to great advantage. Create an introduction thread that is the only one available initially to new members. Once a new member has posted a self introduction, their status is changed so that they can post to any of the forums/threads. This keeps all the potential spam in one place and since many bots don't post multipel times to the same thread, it is often only a single message making it easy to plonk the spammers.

I know there are many ways to skin this cat, and I don't know how easy or hard this solution is, but it was effective where I've seen it used.