George Zimmerman

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

George Zimmerman

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:03 am

Weird that this old thread popped up and with today's verdict, there will be many more conversations on what to do, and what not to do if being followed.... :(

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Stupid Security

Post by hobie16 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:46 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Weird that this old thread popped up and with today's verdict, there will be many more conversations on what to do, and what not to do if being followed.... :(
Can't second guess because I wasn't there but Trayvon should have hung up on his friend and called the cops stating, "I'm a juvenile and there's a weirdo following me." Based on his past record, Georgie might have gotten some more jail time and Trayvon would still be wolfing down Skittles. Pretty sad turnout all around.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

hobie16 wrote:Can't second guess because I wasn't there but Trayvon should have hung up on his friend and called the cops stating, "I'm a juvenile and there's a weirdo following me." Based on his past record, Georgie might have gotten some more jail time and Trayvon would still be wolfing down Skittles. Pretty sad turnout all around.
No Happy Ending There :( I think that we all have to consider if what we do is not only legal but is it BEING STUPID? I am telling my kids again to never be out after dark, always have someone wth them and RUN to a safe adult if they think that they are being bothered. Rehearsing what to do is my only hope that my sons will never be caught in a bad situation.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:40 pm

hobie16 wrote:Can't second guess because I wasn't there but Trayvon should have hung up on his friend and called the cops stating, "I'm a juvenile and there's a weirdo following me." Based on his past record, Georgie might have gotten some more jail time and Trayvon would still be wolfing down Skittles. Pretty sad turnout all around.
If Trayvon had hung up on his friend and called the cops then none of that would have happened. George Z didn't engage Trayvon until Trayvon approached him and ended up clocking him. I've always told both my kids that if they are out walking (not a good idea to do it by yourself at night) and you feel like you are in danger call the police. They would rather get a false alarm call than have something happen to you.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:49 am

GaTechGal wrote:If Trayvon had hung up on his friend and called the cops then none of that would have happened. George Z didn't engage Trayvon until Trayvon approached him and ended up clocking him. I've always told both my kids that if they are out walking (not a good idea to do it by yourself at night) and you feel like you are in danger call the police. They would rather get a false alarm call than have something happen to you.
I think nobody but George knows just how that initial encounter occured. I think stupid mistakes were made on both sides. Nobody won. :(

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:23 pm

DisneyMom wrote:I think nobody but George knows just how that initial encounter occured. I think stupid mistakes were made on both sides. Nobody won. :(
Well trayon lost his life and George is walking around a totally free man. I think it's safe to say George won

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:59 pm

I wouldn't want George's life.....even the people he "saved" from a car wreck recently do not want to be associated with him and the case. Then there's the curious stance he has of "having no regrets". Even if everything was as he said, I can't imagine being OK with a young man dying when it was entirely avoidable. The Cops showed up there in 5 minutes, why not let them handle it? Questions that we all have but only George knows. :(

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:30 am

DisneyMom wrote:I wouldn't want George's life.....even the people he "saved" from a car wreck recently do not want to be associated with him and the case. Then there's the curious stance he has of "having no regrets"....
Please do not take this as a defense of Zimmerman or of the American legal system and I am not a lawyer, but it is my understanding that expressions of regret or sympathy can be seen by the law as an admission of guilt. I have been advised not to say, "I'm sorry" at traffic accidents, for example. I have read that Zimmerman's lawyers likely advised him to publicly issue a statement of "no regrets," but I have no proof either way.

In any case, it would explain his public stance. Doesn't change the fact that a tragedy happened that night.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:48 am

Buggy wrote:Please do not take this as a defense of Zimmerman or of the American legal system and I am not a lawyer, but it is my understanding that expressions of regret or sympathy can be seen by the law as an admission of guilt. I have been advised not to say, "I'm sorry" at traffic accidents, for example. I have read that Zimmerman's lawyers likely advised him to publicly issue a statement of "no regrets," but I have no proof either way.

In any case, it would explain his public stance. Doesn't change the fact that a tragedy happened that night.
The thing is that in this case no one was arguing about whether or not he actually physically killed the guy. Even he admitted to that. What was being determined was whether or not what he did was justifiable homicide. His stating "no regrets" wasn't necessary. He could very well have felt bad about it and by saying that would have reinforced the idea that he didn't have any choice at the time. Saying "no regrets" means he did it and he is glad. Lack of sympathy for the victim, in this case, really didn't matter did it? :(

:goofy: :goofy:

Mouseshooter
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Mouseshooter » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:00 am

As castmembers we must hold ourselves to a higer standard . Our employee standards and policies apply whether we're at work in costume or when we're visiting as a guest. Try to have a little common sense. The is nothing worse than hearing "I'm a cast member and I expect special treatment". Enjoy what we have or you may soon have to pay for it.