Sprint Nextel's contract with Disney will not be down for breakfast

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Sprint Nextel's contract with Disney will not be down for breakfast

Post by Alyssa3467 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:47 pm

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100905154
AT&T now official wireless provider at U.S. Disney Parks
07/23/2013

AT&T and Disney Parks today announced an agreement that makes AT&T the official wireless provider for Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

Through the agreement, AT&T will have various marketing and branding opportunities, including sponsoring Disney-created soccer and runDisney events at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. In addition, Disney will join AT&T to educate Cast Members and guests about "It Can Wait®," AT&T's groundbreaking initiative to educate consumers about the dangers of texting while driving. AT&T and Disney will also collaborate to enhance the experience for the growing number of Disney guests using smart phones and tablets during their visit. Furthermore, Cast Members will use new mobile devices on AT&T's network to help deliver Disney's legendary guest service. "We are excited about the opportunity to work with AT&T," said Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, United States and France. "This alliance joins two companies that share a commitment to providing quality experiences, and we look forward to the collaboration as we continue to leverage technology to enhance the experience for our Guests."

In addition to the agreement, AT&T is enhancing its network across Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort using a variety of technologies including:
  • More than 25 distributed antenna systems to enhance the wireless capacity in areas with high mobile traffic
  • More than 350 small cells to extend network connectivity 10 cell sites across Walt Disney World Resort to provide wide-ranging mobile service to guests
  • Nearly 50 repeaters to further provide an even more consistent and reliable mobile experience for both guests and Cast Members.[/
[/list]

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Re: Sprint Nextel's contract with Disney will not be down fo

Post by Doctor McKey » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:42 pm

Makes me wonder what they will do with their radio communication contract... everything runs on Nextel there....

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:02 am

It hasn't since about that time. And the changeover was... interesting.

NEXTEL SERVICE IS GONE TOMORROW! QUICK! HERE'S YOUR NEW RADIO!

At least, I think it went something like that.

I understand the new radio provider took longer than expected to get the new radios in. Still, somehow I knew Nextel was going away about a year earlier.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:08 am

The new radios SUCK....big time.

And no one seems to be adequately interested in fixing them.

There was to be a fix recently but would not happen over weekend since they do not work weekends.

Too bad we are a 24/7 operation ....UGH...who got THAT kick back????

mapo