Hire the Handicapped?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Hire the Handicapped?

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:31 am

WEDFan wrote:Well, hopefully the team who monitors social media and web for various legal infringements will now have new criteria to look for including hiring out your enhanced access. Not sure about them not having a leg to stand on, though. I think it must violate the terms and conditions of admission to be charging guests for services on Disney property. Bodyguards, personal assistants, etc. are engaged by a person in a context outside of a Disney visit, so if they are getting paid for services on Disney property it is a different matter than providing Disney specific services in competition with DIsney itself.
When I said the "didn't have a leg to stand on", I meant if they cannot prove what is happening there isn't much they can do. I think that these people are pretty confident about it since they so blatantly advertise the service. I would think that Disney would have to actually plant people to get any proof at all. Will Disney be willing to spend the money to catch them? I suspect it depends on how long this is in focus or how quickly it can be swept under the rug.

:goofy: :goofy:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:31 pm

Disney, like all other businesses, has the right to refuse service to anyone for any non-discriminatory reason, or for no reason at all. Perceived abuse of the GAC is a legally defensible reason, and the presence of a real handicap does not change that.

After all, stupidity is certainly a handicap, and Disney tosses lots of stupid guests (and more than a few stupid cast members)!

Zazu

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Zazu wrote:Disney, like all other businesses, has the right to refuse service to anyone for any non-discriminatory reason, or for no reason at all. Perceived abuse of the GAC is a legally defensible reason, and the presence of a real handicap does not change that.

After all, stupidity is certainly a handicap, and Disney tosses lots of stupid guests (and more than a few stupid cast members)!
What if the handicapped were giving tours to other handicapped?

Corey

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:32 am

drcorey wrote:What if the handicapped were giving tours to other handicapped?
Then I should think that they would not be abusing their GAC card. The other guests would have one of their own and it would be just a normal tour group.