Poncho wearers

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
spacerangerspin
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Poncho wearers

Post by spacerangerspin » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:25 am

We spent 2 rainy evenings in MK the end of last week. I absolutely love MK in the rain! I think it becomes even more magical! ;) Our first rainy evening was pouring down rain, thunder, lightening, the whole bit! I have no problem with ponchos-- we all wore them, they keep us dry! However, I have a problem with people who do not take off their wet ponchos to enjoy indoor attractions (which, keep in mind, were all that was operating on said evening!) The SG next to me in Philharamagic adorned in a WET PONCHO rested her wet arm & sleeve on the armrest I was under the impression was shared between the 2 seats. My son's seat was wet & when he asked why his seat was wet I explained that sometimes people are rude & inconsiderate of others & don't realize that they should remove their wet outerwear when they enter the building & fold it up small wet sides together as we do. (I honestly didn't realize she still had her poncho on at that point was just trying to use the wet seat as a life experience ettiquette lesson for a still relatively self-centered small child!) I didn't let it ruin my evening as MK was nearly empty! (A CM told me Sun. night in rain again that Sat. evening attendance was under 20,000! Like I said, A MAGICAL EVENING!). Anyway, after our Philharmagic experience I was able to encounter another SG at Pirates who was seated the row ahead of me, but didn't was to sit on the wet poncho he was wearing, so he kindly draped over the back of the seat row to drip on me! My shoes, legs, etc. WERE already wet so not a big deal, however, DON'T DRIP ON ME!!! Everytime I put his wet poncho back over seat to his row, he moved it back! :twisted: I had to post this! I had to vent! I kept thinking as these incidents were occuring that I was witnessing SGT first hand & would be able to post!!!!

P.S. Want to thank Monorail Driver (MK platform 8/26) who let us wait on platform for next train since way too many SG were crowded onto train ahead of us & we got to see Electric Water Parade up close. Ended our vacation on a SUPER happy note. He even pegged the SG behavior we were going to endure on 2nd train to the tee, but couldn't impede on our happiness at that point!

SorcererMickey
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Poncho wearers

Post by SorcererMickey » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:17 pm

I still have a memory burned in my brain from working CP. Downpour occured and a woman decided to take her soaking wet clothing off under her poncho. She kept her undergarments on (Thank God) but apparantly thought the cloudy poncho was enough that we couldn't see through it. Wrong. I played stupid and asked my lead to take care of it, as I was new and all.

bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bpgstudios » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:05 pm

spacerangerspin wrote:...(A CM told me Sun. night in rain again that Sat. evening attendance was under 20,000! Like I said, A MAGICAL EVENING!).
And thats why we don't get the forcast anymore ;)

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:45 am

[quote="spacerangerspin"]We spent 2 rainy evenings in MK the end of last week. I absolutely love MK in the rain! I think it becomes even more magical! ]

If everyone kept the wet clothing on wouldn't that solve the problem? So the seats wet...I'm wearing a poncho, no problem.

:goofy: :goofy:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:33 am

SorcererMickey wrote:I still have a memory burned in my brain from working CP. Downpour occured and a woman decided to take her soaking wet clothing off under her poncho. She kept her undergarments on (Thank God) but apparantly thought the cloudy poncho was enough that we couldn't see through it. Wrong. I played stupid and asked my lead to take care of it, as I was new and all.
If this starts a trend, people might start flocking to the parks during rainstorms!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:57 am

The better trend is going to the water parks at an exit.

Some of the stuff you see there, well, probably shouldn't be worn at a family theme park. (not to mention, it's dangerous for the drivers, one just missed a tree yesterday because he was very distracted)

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:33 pm

Cranbiz wrote:The better trend is going to the water parks at an exit.

Some of the stuff you see there, well, probably shouldn't be worn at a family theme park. (not to mention, it's dangerous for the drivers, one just missed a tree yesterday because he was very distracted)
Would that driver be someone we know?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:25 am

Unfortunately, no. I haven't actually been over to TL or BB recently during times when there is any human scenery. And even if I am enjoying the (female) human scenery, I won't get distracted enough to almost hit a tree.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:39 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Unfortunately, no. I haven't actually been over to TL or BB recently during times when there is any human scenery. And even if I am enjoying the (female) human scenery, I won't get distracted enough to almost hit a tree.
That's what cameras are for. A quick click and back to business. Then when distraction is not dangerous, oggle city. :D:

Randy

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:45 am

Randy B wrote:Then when distraction is not dangerous, oggle city. :D:
And you don't even have to worry about getting caught!

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?