SG or just plain Cruel

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: SG or just plain Cruel

Post by darph nader » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:03 pm

Do any of you watch Fox News??Yesterday some Idiot,nay ASSHOLE,left his kid in the car to 'visit' the Mustang Ranch in Nevada. :eek:
How hard up can your dick be to endanger your kids life?????? :(

FUCK, we are doomed. :mad:

Driver_dylan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Driver_dylan » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:21 am

PapaMouse wrote:Sorry, but I have to ask. Why do you take your dog to work when you know you can only put him in the kennel? Wouldn't he be more comfortable at home?
One answer is quite simple. I live in a small two bedroom appartment on the third floor. I also work six days while my girlfriend (whom1 I live with) works Part time. When we both have to work, we put Scotty in the kennel. It is not every day, but at least three or four days in any given week.
The other answer is that keeping a small dog in a locked apartment is a recipe for a mess after 8-10 hours in a shift. While he is in the kennel I can take my break and walk him, or just give him a quick scratch. In the long run he seems happy with this arraingment as each time we head in to the kennel, he pulls me inside to his pen.

VISA. It's everywhere you want to be, and a lot of places you don't.

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:53 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Naw, shooting is too nice. I say we take a chapter from the book written by my ancestors on my mom's side, the Mescalaro Apache. For fun, they would take a person, tie them to a table or the ground. Then, they would put a squirrel or other small rodent in a bucket, turn the bucket over on their abdomen, and let them sit in the heat of the Arizona sun. Eventually, the squirrel would want out, and would start digging the only direction it could go... down. :twisted:

That goes for anyone who leaves their child in a car or stroller and forgets them, too. :mad:

The fact this guy didn't even notice the dog was gone, or care enough to go find out, tells you everything you need to know.
Ok, shooting is too good for that guy.

How about:

Find a patch of bamboo. Sharpen the ends of the bamboo shoots (the thick ones). Take the person, and strap him/her over top the bamboo patch. Water the bamboo each day.

Bamboo grows several inches per day. It will also grow through things...like human flesh.

PapaMouse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PapaMouse » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:34 am

Driver_dylan wrote:One answer is quite simple. I live in a small two bedroom appartment on the third floor. I also work six days while my girlfriend (whom1 I live with) works Part time. When we both have to work, we put Scotty in the kennel. It is not every day, but at least three or four days in any given week.
The other answer is that keeping a small dog in a locked apartment is a recipe for a mess after 8-10 hours in a shift. While he is in the kennel I can take my break and walk him, or just give him a quick scratch. In the long run he seems happy with this arraingment as each time we head in to the kennel, he pulls me inside to his pen.

That makes sense.

Help control A.D.D., Spank a kids ass.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:20 am

Well, first of all just smashing a window to save a child or pet from a hot car is just, well, plain silly.

In addition to smashing the window, they should pull out the jaws of life and rip the doors off, remove the roof and just for good measure, make sure all of the sheet metal has crease or two in it.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:33 am

I'm not a pet owner...I like animals but I am too self centered to take the proper care of one, so I let it go. I have taken care of things all my life and now I want to only have to worry about myself.

Since I do not own one, I was wondering something. Many times I have seen people out running with their dogs, riding bikes with the dog, on a leash, running along beside them, people skateboarding with a leashed dog running and, in my town, there is a gentleman in a motorized wheelchair that sometimes literally drags the dog behind him.

Now I know that all these things will be justified by saying "I'm just exercising my dog." The problem I have with that is that as the owner all these decisions are your's. Your dog has no say in the matter. The dog cannot tell you that it doesn't feel 100% today and that running will be painful. You decide the speed to run, ride, skate or travel. The poor dog has no choice but to try it's best to keep up.

I know it isn't intended but in my mind this can be a form of animal cruelty. I've seen dogs with their tongues practically touching the ground, stumbling and even falling. It just seems wrong to me. Can anyone explain why this is done on such a regular basis and why it is OK?

:goofy: :goofy:

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:07 am

That is horrible. How can someone be so cheap that they can't spare $10 to take care of their puppy? And the worst part is they didn't give a thought to where the puppy was, and just left. I second the "being left in a hot car" punishment for them. :mad:

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:11 am

You know, now that you mention it, it's a good thing I wasn't the person who found the dog, especially with it being on my day off. I probably would have used my key in ways I've vowed to never use a key on another person's vehicle. When they got back, it would have had some very nice things written into the side which would probably cause some people, in trying to see what I had said, hit the vehicle. Don't stop until the damage outweighs the deductible so they get to explain this to their insurace company, too.

I may talk big in group sometimes, but I can see myself doing that one.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:53 am

ktulu wrote:In addition to smashing the window, they should pull out the jaws of life and rip the doors off, remove the roof and just for good measure, make sure all of the sheet metal has crease or two in it.

Can I come play???? Huh, can I, can I??? Pleeeeeaaaaassssse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone tell that the jaws were my favorite tool in the fire service? :)

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

TOMD
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Cop Charged for Leaving Police Dog in Hot Car

Post by TOMD » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:26 pm

PHOENIX — Authorities arrested a Chandler police officer Wednesday in the death of a police dog that was left in a hot patrol car for more than 12 hours.

Chandler police Sgt. Tom Lovejoy was booked into Maricopa County jail in Phoenix on a misdemeanor charge of animal cruelty after a two-week investigation into the death of 5-year-old Belgian Malinois "Bandit."

C

Lovejoy was released later Wednesday, said Capt. Paul Chagolla, a spokesman for the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.

"I am certain Sgt. Lovejoy has suffered greatly from leaving his police dog in a sweltering car," Sheriff Joe Arpaio said in a news release. "I do not relish the idea of compounding his sadness. However, Lovejoy must be treated like anyone else in similar circumstances."

Lovejoy said over the phone Wednesday night that he is scheduled to appear in court on the charge on Sept. 25. He said his lawyer advised him not to comment further.

"With the sheriff railing on me right now, it's kind of hard to say anything," Lovejoy said.

The sheriff's investigation showed Bandit was in Lovejoy's patrol car from about 9 a.m. to a little after 10 p.m. on Aug. 11. During that time, the investigation found that Lovejoy ran errands for his wife, napped for a short time and later ate out with his wife. Lovejoy later found the dead dog in the car.

In a statement, Chandler police Chief Sherry Kiyler said the department respects and supports the criminal justice system and its processes.

"We remain saddened by the loss of K9 Bandit," she wrote. "At this time our internal investigation is continuing and further comment by our department would be inappropriate until the completion of this process."