Check in Cast Member

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
jojo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Check in Cast Member

Post by jojo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:45 pm

Hi,
New here and have a question.

I have a letter I’d like to send praising our check in cast member last fall. Yes, I know it’s late, but better late than never. That's me being a stupid guest ;)

Not sure exactly where it needs to be sent. I would like to send to the Beach Club GM, plus whoever is above the BC GM. I’m assuming these would be the correct recipients.

Sending snail mail so would need names, title, and addresses.

Thanks so very much for your help.
jojo

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Check in Cast Member

Post by hobie16 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Image jojo

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:49 pm

jojo wrote:Hi,
New here and have a question.

I have a letter I’d like to send praising our check in cast member last fall. Yes, I know it’s late, but better late than never. That's me being a stupid guest ;)

Not sure exactly where it needs to be sent. I would like to send to the Beach Club GM, plus whoever is above the BC GM. I’m assuming these would be the correct recipients.

Sending snail mail so would need names, title, and addresses.

Thanks so very much for your help.
jojo
Welcome to the mad house. The various welcoming committees will be along in due time to welcome you properly.

There are a couple of snail mail addresses I know of, the second is probably the best one to use. Letters are passed on to the proper people, down the chain all the way to the front line cast, in my experience. When I worked for the mouse I was in meetings where letters from guests were read and the CM involved got properly rewarded.

Walt Disney World Guest Relations
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Walt Disney World Guest Communications (Compliments, Complaints and Suggestions only)
P.O. Box 10040

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:30 am

Hi, jojo! I'm sure the compliments will be greatly appreciated no matter how delayed -- good for you for following up!

:mwc:

:D: :D: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:55 pm

WDW Guest Communications
PO Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

or

[email protected]

Make sure you include the date, time, park or resort (and location) and cast member name from the name tag. The office that gets these can research to see exactly who the Cast Member was, and will send the correspondence, through managerial channels, to the direct supervisor of the CM. Usually a copy will also go in the personnel records.

Often, favorable comments will be read at a pre-opening team meeting.

jojo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by jojo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Awesome! Thanks so much, you guys rock! Well, of course you do, you're Disney. :D:

I will send a copy to Guest Relations and if the following name is correct, I'll also send a copy to the GM.

Mim Flynn, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard

I'm hoping cast member Tracie still works at the BC check in desk. Would love to see her again even though I'm sure she won't remember one person out of the hundreds she takes care of. She really set the tone of our visit and wanted to give her and the rest of the BC staff the kudos they deserve.

jojo

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:23 pm

jojo wrote:Awesome! Thanks so much, you guys rock! Well, of course you do, you're Disney. :D:

I will send a copy to Guest Relations and if the following name is correct, I'll also send a copy to the GM.

Mim Flynn, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard

I'm hoping cast member Tracie still works at the BC check in desk. Would love to see her again even though I'm sure she won't remember one person out of the hundreds she takes care of. She really set the tone of our visit and wanted to give her and the rest of the BC staff the kudos they deserve.

jojo
I don't know if the name is correct but there is no reason to send the letter to him directly as he will receive it as letters are always passed on to the proper managers in a timely manner. I don't know if that address for the resort can receive mail, Disney has certain addresses for all correspondence, the Guest Communications one is for letters from guests about the service they received or whatever. This ensures the letters get forwarded to the right people in the right departments.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward