Goat-Choker Trivia

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Re: Goat-Choker Trivia

Post by CptnSkippy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:12 pm

Cucumber wine?

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Yeah, this is getting out of hand, so I'll just give it up.

Vegetable wines include tomato, carrot, and celery wine.

The tomato is actually drinkable -- more so than some of the grape wines on offer, IMHO.

So, let's see what today's question is:

"Except for the Hall of Presidents, the Magic Kingdom isn't well known as a place for sleeping. Yet there's one spot in the Park that pays tribute to the author of Rip van Winkle. Where and how?"

:jeb:

Zazu

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Zazu wrote:"Except for the Hall of Presidents, the Magic Kingdom isn't well known as a place for sleeping. Yet there's one spot in the Park that pays tribute to the author of Rip van Winkle. Where and how?"

Well, since Washington Irving wrote both Rip Van Winkle and The Legend of Sleep Hollow, an obvious one is Sleepy Hollow Refreshments. Not sure if there is something more subtle, though.

Edit: After searching a little online I found out that Sleepy Hollow Refreshments is modelled at least in part after Washington Irving's home. Quite cool.

Stripes
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Stripes » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm back! Spring break should be mandatory for everyone. I did miss out on some great questions, but it was worth it.

I believe WEDFan has the answer already with Sleepy Hollow, unless Zazu wants to expand the answer to previous attractions ;) then we could include Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow was adapted into The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:40 pm

WEDFan wrote:Well, since Washington Irving wrote both Rip Van Winkle and The Legend of Sleep Hollow, an obvious one is Sleepy Hollow Refreshments. Not sure if there is something more subtle, though.

Edit: After searching a little online I found out that Sleepy Hollow Refreshments is modelled at least in part after Washington Irving's home. Quite cool.
Right and right!

Okay, enough for WDW for now, here's a twofur for the Disneylanders:

"The Grand Canyon Diorama includes the longest seamless backdrop painting in the world.

Easy question: How long is it?

Hard question: Who drew it?"

Zazu

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:00 pm

I'm going to let someone who actually already knew the answers to have a chance to answer, but I found out it used 300 gallons of paint,cost 367 thousand dollars and 80,000 manual hours :eek:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:51 am

Zazu wrote:"The Grand Canyon Diorama includes the longest seamless backdrop painting in the world.

Easy question: How long is it?

Hard question: Who drew it?"
Well, well. Looks like I finally stumped you guys.

The Grand Canyon Diorama is 306 feet long and 34 feet tall.

It was painted by Delmer J. Yoakum (1915--1996) and his crew. He was nominated for a number of Academy Awards for Set Design.

Another organization that gives out awards is the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. Their designations of Historic Mechanical Engineering Landmarks honor everything from the Drake Oil Well to the telescope at the Mt. Wilson Observatory.

"What Historic Mechanical Engineering Landmark was built by Disney?"

Zazu

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:23 pm

Zazu wrote:"What Historic Mechanical Engineering Landmark was built by Disney?"
1986 - Disneyland Monorail System

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:05 am

hobie16 wrote:1986 - Disneyland Monorail System
Why am I not surprised that you got this one?

Okay, onward! Here's one that's stumped every CM I ever asked:

"The phrase "A Dead Man's Chest" makes one think of Adventurland and pirates. But at the Magic Kingdom, there's an artifact made from "A Dead Man's Vest" (and it's not in Adventurland). What is it and where?"

Zazu

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:57 pm

I have two guesses:

One of the costumes or exhibits in the Hall of Presidents.

Or

Something to do with this:
[video=youtube;6h_LiLh6aTg][/video]