I've missed you guys! :D

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: I've missed you guys! :D

Post by BRWombat » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:00 pm

hobie16 wrote:It's something that only Father Guiddo Sarducci can explain.
Ah, the old days of SNL. "Arrivederci, America!" :)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:36 pm

I think everyone breathed a collective sigh of relief when they checked out. They ran us out of towels, bath rugs, rollaway beds and complained about everything.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:51 pm

I did a Panama Canal cruise in 2008 that happened to fall during Passover. Those that were part of the Passover celebration had a segregated area in the dining room (and it just happened to be in the front with the best views), and they had brought their own china and cooking implements. They generally kept to themselves but there were some who were very rude to the other passengers. I kept running into one elderly couple who insisted on pushing people out of the way. I don't think they ever left the boat when it would dock during stops.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:21 am

DonutGoddess wrote:We've got an influx of guests for Passover and apparently they aren't supposed to use things electrical or mechanical for the holidays. We've changed the locks to key locks. We've put attendants in the elevators so they don't have to touch the buttons if they don't want to use the stairs. They ask for wake-up calls but won't answer because they aren't supposed to use the phone. Last night we get a call stating that the guest wants someone to come turn their lights off at a certain time. Why have lights on in the first place if you aren't supposed to be using anything electrical? (other than we don't want you to burn down the place with candles.) All of this isn't very interesting, I admit, but here's the kicker... We have an increased number of clogged toilet complaints because they won't flush the toilet! How crazy is that? I wonder what they do when they stay home for the holiday?
got to love the orthodox jews.

Corey