Goat-Choker Trivia

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Goat-Choker Trivia

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:36 pm

Zazu wrote:"Name four places on Main Street USA at MK where you can watch Disney animation on screen."

Everyone got one, many got two, a rare few got three, but nobody got all four.

Just to spread it out, only one location guess per person per day, please.

:jeb:

It's no longer there but Town Square Theatre was one. The small theater in the back played 3 or 4 classics in a loop. I think I know the other 3 as well.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:42 pm

Shorty82 wrote:It's no longer there but Town Square Theatre was one. The small theater in the back played 3 or 4 classics in a loop. I think I know the other 3 as well.
Wanna share the other three? Casey's is the only other place that jumps to mind. I guess that there could be one in the Emporium as well and maybe the barbershop.

:goofy: :goofy:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:59 am

Goofyernmost wrote:Wanna share the other three? Casey's is the only other place that jumps to mind. I guess that there could be one in the Emporium as well and maybe the barbershop.
It's the next day so I guess I can give another location. The Main Street Cinema is another. The barbershop isn't one.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…

-Walt Disney
Keep moving forward

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:57 am

Re: Monorail. You know, I was going to say Knott's Berry Farm as a joke, but decided that would just be too stupid, even for me. Live and learn.

I remember watching animations in the back of what is now called the Main Street Theater many years ago... Or rather, I remember dozing off while watching animations in that place many years ago -- it was a long day -- and when I woke up, Mr. Smee was sitting next to me. Then he ran off to play with some children.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:21 am

Buggy wrote:Re: Monorail. You know, I was going to say Knott's Berry Farm as a joke, but decided that would just be too stupid, even for me. Live and learn.

I remember watching animations in the back of what is now called the Main Street Theater many years ago... Or rather, I remember dozing off while watching animations in that place many years ago -- it was a long day -- and when I woke up, Mr. Smee was sitting next to me. Then he ran off to play with some children.
Oh, that's right! Town Square Theatre is its current name! It used to be Exposition Hall. I don't know how I messed that up.

-Walt Disney
Keep moving forward

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:37 am

Buggy wrote:Re: Monorail. You know, I was going to say Knott's Berry Farm as a joke, but decided that would just be too stupid, even for me. Live and learn.
I did say Orange County "politician", didn't I? You should know that there's no limit to the stupid that comes with that job!

:judge:

Zazu

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:38 am

Shorty82 wrote:Oh, that's right! Town Square Theatre is its current name! It used to be Exposition Hall. I don't know how I messed that up.
I do. As soon as you leave property, the magic starts to fade. You have to come back occasionally for a refresh. And to see your friends!

Zazu

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:40 am

Goofyernmost wrote:Casey's....
Correct. Sports Goofy cartoons run nonstop at Casey's Corner in front of the bleachers.
Shorty82 wrote:The Main Street Cinema is another.
An obvious one, but easily forgotten now that it's a shadow of it's former self.

Two down, two to go.

Here's a hint: Those two show shorts. The other two show feature animation.

Zazu

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:43 am

Zazu wrote:Correct. Sports Goofy cartoons run nonstop at Casey's Corner in front of the bleachers.

An obvious one, but easily forgotten now that it's a shadow of it's former self.

Two down, two to go.

Here's a hint: Those two show shorts. The other two show feature animation.

Baby care!

I want to come visit but Lord only knows when that'll be.

-Walt Disney
Keep moving forward

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:28 am

I thought of it too, but shook my head. I don't think like a Politician. :rolleyes:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: