OMG! What did I just Say?! (Spiel Oopies)

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: OMG! What did I just Say?! (Spiel Oopies)

Post by drcorey » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:47 pm

I had a dog named Chewy once.

Corey

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:04 pm

Zazu wrote:It's "Chattanooga Choo Choo", and Glen Miller's recording of it was the first gold record ever awarded.

You can see that gold record hanging on the wall by the front desk of a Holiday Inn Hotel in said city. The hotel's main building is the old Chattanooga railroad station, and some of their rooms are in converted railroad cars.

Conversely, "Chattanooga Chew Chew" is a dog park in the same city, and "Chattanooga Chew" is a brand of chewing tobacco. Neither is as nice a place to stay or as nice a thing to listen to at all!
Here is all the info about both:
http://www.choochoo.com/index.php
http://www.doggoes.com/parks/tennessee/ ... anine-park

AnimalLover
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by AnimalLover » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:33 pm

I worked a complex with three rides and would often get confused as to where I was. I would say "Welcome to Rollercoaster" when I was really at the spinning ride, or tell people on the flipping ride to buckle their seatbelts when there were none. My crew would laugh at me all the time for it.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:36 pm

AnimalLover wrote:I worked a complex with three rides and would often get confused as to where I was. I would ... tell people on the flipping ride to buckle their seatbelts when there were none. My crew would laugh at me all the time for it.
I used to do that on the WDW Railroad just to see who was listening. Once in a blue moon I'd get someone who jumped off and waved frantically because he couldn't find a seatbelt.

"Exits are .... the same places as the entrances!"

Zazu

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:34 pm

During my time at Monorails, I actually talked one of the engineering guys into getting me a yellow strap so I could get on the Monorail and do the seat belt joke. I wish I had done that in buses.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:44 pm

AnimalLover wrote:or tell people on the flipping ride to buckle their seatbelts when there were none.
I had a very small group on the Backlot Tour once, and they were all sitting in the front car so I could joke around with them. Went through a whole pre-flight safety briefing ... sort of. "To fasten your seatbelt, insert the flat metal end into the buckle, and tighten by pulling on the strap. To release, lift up on the plate. The cabin is pressurized for the altitude of our flight. If there is a loss of pressure, it probably means it's the end of the world, so I wouldn't worry about it too much anyways"

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:25 pm

When I drove the Monorail, before the wreck, I had a spiel that I used to use for holding situations. Obviously, I never used it again after that day.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome aboard Monorail Green. We're currently holding for a train up ahead in the Magic Kingdom Station. We do like to keep our distance. It's never been seen what happens when two Monorail trains try to occupy the same space, and I would rather not find out tonight. You're welcome."

Had I worked at Thunder before Monorails, I would have used the Thunder 101 spiel.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?