Strangest story I've ever heard...

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Strangest story I've ever heard...

Post by GaTechGal » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:01 pm

YANXWIN wrote:"She thinks the monkey's the sultan."
This made me spit my diet coke all over my monitor. Very nice.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:24 pm

GaTechGal wrote:This made me spit my diet coke all over my monitor. Very nice.
it's not good to snort coke.
those bubbles will get you.
and just think of the ice cubes...

Corey

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:07 am

Goofyernmost wrote:Oh, yea, they tend to repeat themselves a lot too! :D: I don't know what reminded me of that! :p:
I was trying to summon the Ambulance Smilie but gave up and opted for sarcastic instead....One of my edits survived all attempts to delete it.... :cool:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:35 am

Goofyernmost wrote:You folks have led a pretty sheltered life I guess. I, at one time, owned an operated a Residential Care Home where we took in people with mental health problems. They were either direct birth defect problems or mental illness and I could tell you stories forever about some of the conversations I heard. That doesn't sound like drug use to me. It sounds like paranoid, delusional behavior. Usually harmless, but sometimes frightening to listen too. I had one the held long, loud and angry, sometimes bordering on violent, conversations with the person sitting across from her at the table. The problems was she was the only one that could see that other person. She was harmless, but, sure did scare the snot out of more then one care taker that worked for me.

Goofy is right, you would really not believe some of the "stories" that caretakers hear. I've heard special kinds of crazy come from the various people I've taken care of over the years, ones that would make the folks in the white coats call in sick that day while having to smile and nod threw it. It almost sounds like more like this lady was off her meds than anything else, always seems the worst happens within the first 48 hours of non-medicated fun.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:12 am

I haven't had a lot of exposure, but I did have a very interesting conversation when I was a teenager and was waiting for a bus. This man explained to me and my friend that he was an alien who had crashlanded on Earth. His flying saucer had bene damaged so he couldn't get back. He showed us a number of hand-written, yellow lined sheets with diagrams of the ship, explanations of its propulsion system, and a number of impressive looking formulas. It was amusing until he started following us. We eventually had to report him. I do wish we could have kept the papers, though.

:aliens: :D:

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:10 am

Darksin wrote:Goofy is right, you would really not believe some of the "stories" that caretakers hear. I've heard special kinds of crazy come from the various people I've taken care of over the years, ones that would make the folks in the white coats call in sick that day while having to smile and nod threw it. It almost sounds like more like this lady was off her meds than anything else, always seems the worst happens within the first 48 hours of non-medicated fun.
Could have been a full moon too! :D: I know a lot of people debunk that whole theory, but after 14 years of operating that place, I'm thinking that there is something quite real about it. :eek:

:goofy: :goofy:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:38 am

Darksin wrote:It almost sounds like more like this lady was off her meds than anything else, always seems the worst happens within the first 48 hours of non-medicated fun.
And then there's the 24 hours of fun after finishing up a course of opiate-based Vicodin.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:23 pm

I once shared a bus bench with a young man who proceeded to tell me that the government was ripping off stuff from the hulk of the Titanic. He obviously was well-versed in Titanic lore; I checked out some of what he said. But he insisted there was Titanic artifacts on display in a place on the coast--Newport Beach, maybe?--which didn't pan out. Maybe it wasn't the government, it's been at least a year since, but anyway he was also telling me how for most of his life he'd been medicated and kept in a mental health facility. Now, he said, he was free.

Keep in mind I live next door to a homeless shelter where I stayed for 6 months; it would amaze you what a few of the residents there say. But those are usually druggies.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:28 pm

hobie16 wrote:And then there's the 24 hours of fun after finishing up a course of opiate-based Vicodin.
The spiders aren't real,Hobie! :spidercha :

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:26 pm

DisneyMom wrote:The spiders aren't real,Hobie! :spidercha :
I wish it was spiders. Muscle cramps, puking, and a cement plug in my, how do I say this gently, butt. I learned, the third time around, that stool softeners are my BFF.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.