Soarin' Over California....aka:

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DisneyFan25863
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by DisneyFan25863 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:24 pm

IndyBob wrote:My favorite was when I was working Indy one day and a guest asked where Magic Mountain was, actually looking for Splash Mountain, so I told him to hop back on the 5 and drive about 2 hours north and exit on Valentia Blvd. He wasn't to happy with that answer and stormed off. LOL :lol:

psst....It's Magic Mountian Blvd. Valencia Blvd. is one exit too early :wink:

~DisneyFan25863 (native Valencia resident :D)

pixiedust
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pixiedust » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:27 am

DisneyFan25863 wrote: psst....It's Magic Mountian Blvd. Valencia Blvd. is one exit too early :wink:
You know... the funny thing is... I have heard that we really did have someone come into the lot, ask where Magic Mountain is, and mean it.

She went the wrong way on the 5 freeway to pick up her kids. :?

Guest Relations King
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Guest Relations King » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:58 pm

When I worked the Information Board, guests would always come up to me and ask how to get to New Orleans. I would give them directions to John Wayne Airport and tell them that the best way was by Airplane. :D

- GRK

My buddy left his job at Universal and fled in exile as a neanderthal to live in the Cayman Islands....He's cut himself off from all technology. He sends his stories in Aramaic on crayon written 3x5 cards sent by pigeon.

Latasian731
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Soarin to Orlando

Post by Latasian731 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:42 am

I was in Epcot the first week of January and while visiting the Land pavillion I was told that they were getting Soarin Over California. They are going to change the name to just Soarin'. I wonder if it is going to be just like the one in DCA, but you never now. But this once again proves that here at Disney we love sharing attractions.

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:17 am

the first time I heard that they were going to put soarin' in florida it was being kicked around as "soarin' over the serengetti(sp?)" at DAK but apparently things changed over the last two years.

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

IndyBob
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: Former Attractions East & West: Indy, Mansion, Splash and my fav SPACE!!; and again Mansion &

Post by IndyBob » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:46 am

They should make it soarin over the everglades cause they're in Florida, huh, makes sence to me! Anything that makes sence is to easy though.

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:24 pm

From everything I heard it's going to be exactly like the attraction at DCA, name and all. . . but talk about confusing the guests even more. Maybe they will think that they are actually in Califorina, since, after all the attraction they are on is Soarn' over Califorina

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:52 pm

yeah, renting a helicopter and all that film would cost way too much for a unique attraction.

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

flippin_mermaid
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by flippin_mermaid » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:33 pm

IndyBob wrote:My favorite was when I was working Indy one day and a guest asked where Magic Mountain was, actually looking for Splash Mountain, so I told him to hop back on the 5 and drive about 2 hours north and exit on Valentia Blvd. He wasn't to happy with that answer and stormed off. LOL :lol:

Yeah, I've had a few people ask for directions to "Magic Mountain" and they mean any of the various "mountains" we have: Splash, Space, Matterhorn, etc. Me and another cast member were explaining to this one guy how to get there from Disneyland, cause we really honestly thought he meant Magic Mountain the theme park...and he got all confused and goes, "It's OUTSIDE of the park?? Two hours away??" And that when we realized and started cracking up and explained what we thought....he didn't think it humorous, he thought we were high or something...he didn't even know of a place called Magic Mountain so he wasn't too amused.

"Umm, is that real water? Are the ducks real too???"

SpaceRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SpaceRanger » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:39 pm

flippin_mermaid wrote:

Yeah, I've had a few people ask for directions to "Magic Mountain" and they mean any of the various "mountains" we have: Splash, Space, Matterhorn, etc. Me and another cast member were explaining to this one guy how to get there from Disneyland, cause we really honestly thought he meant Magic Mountain the theme park...and he got all confused and goes, "It's OUTSIDE of the park?? Two hours away??" And that when we realized and started cracking up and explained what we thought....he didn't think it humorous, he thought we were high or something...he didn't even know of a place called Magic Mountain so he wasn't too amused.
WOW :shock: He hadn't even heard of Magic Mountain?

Oh well... I'm fairly sympathetic to guests who get lost or get the names of things mixed up just cuz I do that a LOT. I remember driving home one time from a friend's house about 2 hours from here. I hadn't ever driven home from there before, and wasn't quite sure how to get there, especially since I just followed her there (she was moving, so we used both of our cars and crammed all her boxes into them). Well, I didn't think to check directions on how to get back... once I realized I was totally and completely lost and prolly headed in the wrong direction, I started calling my family... couldn't get hold of them... called my friends, they all either didn't answer, or had no clue how to help me. So I called work.... it finally proved that I'm an idiot, but at least they knew how to get me home. :lol:

God must love stupid people. He made so many of them.