A Reformed SG

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: A Reformed SG

Post by BRWombat » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:51 am

hobie16 wrote:This must have been before spray on bronzer was invented.
I still don't think that would have helped too much.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:40 pm

BRWombat wrote:I still don't think that would have helped too much.
Sure it would. Lay down a good coat of zinc chromate primer, a couple of layers of bronzer, and a clear coat to seal it, and you're good to go.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Welcome, Dogfish.

Just to clarify, there is a difference between a guest who happens to do a stupid thing, and a Stupid Guest. The former has made a mistake, sometimes an obvious one, but if is told about the mistake, makes the attempt to not repeat it. The latter does not care that they have made a mistake, and in fact will do just about anything to justify their actions as being proper and right, and it is in fact someone else (usually a CM) who is at fault.

Going by this, you are not an SG. Just human. :)

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:16 am

And we allow humans here. It breaks up the monotony we get from mice, dragons, marsupials...

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:37 pm

According to Gestures, the book I alluded to earlier, in Greece you are REALLY being insulting if you put up a hand, especially if you make a pushing motion towards the other person's face. It's referred to as the mouza (I think) and goes back a hundred years or more. I think it was the Turks who invaded Greece, and in order to humiliate them they would shove handfuls of feces into the Greeks' faces. To this day making the action of shoving poo into another person's face is the worst insult in Greece.

Scottish bus drivers don't give directions without punching someone out? Man, I knew the Scots were tough, but what's with that?
Though as one who uses public transportation daily, there have been times I wish people would do there research before using public transit, especially the trains! You wouldn't believe how many people think the Metrolink and Amtrak trains run every hour! Or they're amazed Amtrak stops only at certain stations, or that there are no people selling tickets and providing info at the stations, etc.. The train station I get off the bus at before walking to the library has a Ruby's Diner, and there have been people who think that's where they can buy tickets and get info! Won't believe me when I tell them to use the ticket vending machine, either! And no, it's not old people stuck in the past that do this, it's the young ones! One time it was a group of young people training assistance dogs to learn to ride on the trains; I tried to tell them there's an information phone, you buy tickets at the TVM, etc., but they didn't listen to me!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:44 pm

felinefan wrote:One time it was a group of young people training assistance dogs to learn to ride on the trains; I tried to tell them there's an information phone, you buy tickets at the TVM, etc., but they didn't listen to me!
And what kind of example does *that* set for the dogs?!?

Zazu

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Zazu wrote:And what kind of example does *that* set for the dogs?!?
It might be a good exercise if the dogs were being trained to assist with the hearing impaired. The end effect of refusing to listen is much the same as not being able to. :D:

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 pm

BRWombat wrote:And we allow humans here. It breaks up the monotony we get from mice, dragons, marsupials...
Hey! Don't lump me in there with the dragons and marsupials ... and while the mouse is a cousin, Rat != Mouse

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.