Fastpass changes???

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Fastpass changes???

Post by avengador1 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:28 pm

Looks like the X-pass is a reality. It started testing today.
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/05/w ... ervations/

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Tue May 01, 2012 10:36 pm

So who or how does one get involved in the testing of this fast pass system? Are they getting guest at some resort and asking them to make a reservation or are they doing it at the park entrance and pulling people aside.

I am tempted to hit up MK tommorow and see whats up.

ynnepztem
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ynnepztem » Wed May 02, 2012 11:38 am

NemoRanger wrote:So who or how does one get involved in the testing of this fast pass system? Are they getting guest at some resort and asking them to make a reservation or are they doing it at the park entrance and pulling people aside.

I am tempted to hit up MK tommorow and see whats up.
The article says "The test is currently limited to a select group of Magic Kingdom guests and there is no way to sign up. But reports indicate that those who are involved were chosen in advance of their trips to the park and were asked to choose ride times that would fit their schedule. "

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:14 pm

Thread bump I know, but I hate when people use their dinner plan as an excuse to go in the Fastpass line earlier! I HATE IT! Then when I turn them away because they are like 3 hours early, they just get upset because of their very stupid planning and want a manager who usually gives them what they want. That family can go to hell!

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:47 am

I read somewhere, micechat maybe, that DLR is going to be enforcing FP return times soon. That is all.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:07 pm

5th Dimension wrote:Thread bump I know, but I hate when people use their dinner plan as an excuse to go in the Fastpass line earlier! I HATE IT! Then when I turn them away because they are like 3 hours early, they just get upset because of their very stupid planning and want a manager who usually gives them what they want. That family can go to hell!
Made a comment over at board X about this some time ago.
If you can't be there on time,because you're "too busy",,why bother?
Kinda like showin up late for your flight and bein pissed cuz they didn't wait,,'for you'. :mad:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:48 pm

ktulu wrote:I read somewhere, micechat maybe, that DLR is going to be enforcing FP return times soon. That is all.
NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :eek:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:38 am

DisneyMom wrote:NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :eek:
You knew it was coming. :p:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

SmallWorldGuy76
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SmallWorldGuy76 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:33 pm

This is why I say "thank God I'm not working at DL anymore". I can just hear the drama and the unhappiness once enforcement starts. :twisted:

[font=Georgia]SmallWorldGuy76[/font]
:oscar: "Scram!"

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:37 am

This last weekend it was a zoo at Disneyland. Saturday was so busy. For the new fast pass thing, we have not had it happen.
SG from other areas claim other these parks have the FP that you have to pay for and it lasts for 1 year. Someone tried saying that Sea World had FP system and
they could get the FP pass. Bad mistake! Moe and I have platinum passes to Sea World-SanDiego. You get your 10% off of food and mercy. Sea World does not
have a FP system. I can't wait until Disney in forces the FP time. Moe and I have a rule, if the line is less than 20 minutes, no fast pass. If the line is more than an
hour, test to FP and a near by attraction with a low line so we have plenty of time to get back in the FP line.