New here but hopefully not a SG

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: New here but hopefully not a SG

Post by BRWombat » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:33 pm

Greetings, NotASG! Two things:
(1) Do you happen to still have that extra beignet? :drool:

and (2)

:mwc:

:D: :D: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

NotASG
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by NotASG » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Alas, no. My husband ate them!! I have had beignets in New Orleans, Paris and at POFQ. The order of deliciousness is: Paris, POFQ, N.O.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:10 pm

Welcome! The clean-up crew should be around shortly to gather your ashes and reassemble you! :)

I don't know about the beignets but I have the same kind of addiction, only with those damn sweet pretzels at Kringla (Norway,Epcot). I must smuggle at least 5 of those things home in a deep freeze only to be consumed as soon as humanly possible (Read: Every time I open the freezer!)

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:47 am

okay,

I'll admit that when I was in Boston for an extended time, I got addicted to stopping by dunkin donuts for a regular coffee and a bear claw.

and once on an extended "stay", we watched a krispie kreem being built about a block or so away, and on opening day, got a dozen!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:20 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:okay,

I'll admit that when I was in Boston for an extended time, I got addicted to stopping by dunkin donuts for a regular coffee and a bear claw.

and once on an extended "stay", we watched a krispie kreem being built about a block or so away, and on opening day, got a dozen!!
Where I spent most of my life there was nothing but Dunkin Donuts. Last year when I moved to Raleigh, here I was right in the birthplace of Krispy Kreme and in the entire Raleigh/Cary area I was able to find only one Krispy Kreme store. Dozens of Dunkin Donuts though. They do sell Krispy Kreme's in every grocery store, but who knows just how fresh they are so I don't get any. I don't care that much for them anyway. Entirely to sweet and sticky and hard to eat with any degree of finesse. Just a guess here but I think they are at least 92% air, 7% sugar and 1% sawdust.

I don't make a very good southerner. I don't like Krispy Kreme or Sweet Tea. I have too much respect for my pancreas. :p:

:goofy: :goofy:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:20 am

We threw a potluck dinner a while ago. One of the guests brought a lilikoi cake. It was unbelievably good and disappeared fast.

My wife found the bakery that made it and tried to buy one. The owner told her lilikoi is only occasionally available so he only makes them once a week.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:40 am

Aebelskiver. Go to Solvang Restaurant in Solvang, of course. Buy a couple and then you can die happy :) If you want to die faster, they have all the fixins there for you to make them at home..... :drool:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

NotASG
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by NotASG » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:17 pm

Krispy Kreme's are great when hot and fresh. Terrible after that. The beignets at POFQ are made when you order them and served hot and yummy. Thankfully, I only eat them when I am there because I am sure they are a heart attack in a box.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:52 pm

NotASG wrote:Krispy Kreme's are great when hot and fresh. Terrible after that. The beignets at POFQ are made when you order them and served hot and yummy. Thankfully, I only eat them when I am there because I am sure they are a heart attack in a box.
Yeah, Krispy Kreme's are the beignets of the donut world. I don't consider biegnets donuts but a category all their own.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Krispy Kreme raspberry filled and a bottle of milk, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.