Be Our Guest will serve beer and wine...

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Be Our Guest will serve beer and wine...

Post by CBeilby » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:01 am

drcorey wrote:Serve Beer? yes, they will serve anyone.
course now how many bears vacation at disney?
A Bear walks into a bar in the Magic Kingdom, and says to the Bartender "Gimme a Beer."

The Bartender shakes his head. "Sorry. We don't serve beer to bears, in bars, in Disney.

The bear frowns. "What? I said gimme a beer."

Again, the bartender says "No. We don't serve beer to bears, in bars, in Disney."

By now, the bear's getting pissed, and he turns to look around. Seeing the bartender's pet pomeranian, he growls. "Give me a beer, or I'll eat the dog."

The bartender's jaw is set now. "Absolutely not! We don't serve beer to bears, in bars, in Disney."

The bear's had enough. With a single motion, he grabs the dog, stuffs it in his mouth, and swallows. "Give. Me. The. Damn. Beer!"

At this point, the Bartender's had enough, and motions to a nearby security officer. "I'm sorry, sir," says the officer. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave. We don't serve beer to bears in bars in Disney, and we don't serve drug users."

Now, the bear is incredulous. "What do you mean a drug user?"

The Barkeep chimes in. "That was the bar bitch you ate."

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

RedOctober25
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by RedOctober25 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:43 am

What I find kinda funny is that over on board z some are acting as if they will be handing everyone a beer as they pass through the turnsiles. In my opinion, change happens... Get over it. And if it really becomes a problem I am sure the bigwigs will take care of the matter.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:37 am

DisneyMom wrote:Not saying that I think it should happen, but putting a bar next to Small World seems like Marketing Genius..... ;)
Sales would be huge as you'd get 'em coming and going.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:10 pm

RedOctober25 wrote:What I find kinda funny is that over on board z some are acting as if they will be handing everyone a beer as they pass through the turnsiles. In my opinion, change happens... Get over it. And if it really becomes a problem I am sure the bigwigs will take care of the matter.
Personally, I would LOVE it if they served alcohol at Magic Kingdom. I would love to have a place to hang out, drink and people watch my family runs around the park. I do not think Disney has a enough bars in the parks.

Epcot needs more Liquor options. I am tired of my only hard alcohol options being Mexico and France. The American Pavilion needs to sell Bourbon. Germany could serve Jager. I really hate mixing liquor and beer.

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Near Philly » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:39 pm

I've been going to WDW long enough to remember that the exit from Country Bears led directly into the Mile Long Bar.
Mirrors at each end forced the illusion of a REALLY long bar, but, no alchohol served. Just root beer and other soft drinks and snacks.

I am all for Sunshine Tree Terrace selling a frozen adult beverage.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:05 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Not saying that I think it should happen, but putting a bar next to Small World seems like Marketing Genius..... ;)
I think you may have something there!!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Giraffe44
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Giraffe44 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:10 pm

GaTechGal wrote:I'm not keen on it. I hate to see it come. And you didn't used to see alcoholic drinks offered at almost all the quick serve places at Animal Kingdom either, but they're there now.
I agree. At DAK you see people wandering around all the time with big glasses of beer. We used to sell Celtic goods at fairs and highland games and the beer drinkers ruined a good bit of our stock. I never had one stop and apologize or offer to pay for the stuff (usually books) they ruined.

It changes the tone of the place from family-friendly to watch out for the drunks. Let them drink elsewhere.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:53 am

I don't think if it's limited to wine and beer in the restaurant that it will lead to people walking around with it. Like I said, I don't think it will change the tone at all. The only reason I can't decide how I feel about it is really just the irrational reaction of having it. I figure I don't go irrational too often, so I should get to go sqaure root of two once in a while. :D:

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:32 pm

Frankly. It's NOT a big deal and I've really been laughing my ass off the last few days watching the folks all over the internet still having hysterics about this.

Every other damn amusement and theme park I can think of serves some form of Adult style beverage (those that don't let you bring it in, in a cooler! Holy CRAP!). Just because it's Disney doesn't make it any different.. because it's not like your going to go to Magic Kingdom for the sole purpose of getting hammered (at those prices?!) and causing a problem. I see not reason why parents (who are also on vacation) shouldn't be allowed to have a beer or two while their kids have fun. Frankly having done enough people watching in my life, this would probably make some parents far more tolerating and less prone to act like assholes to their kids and other guests. Let's face it, who's dad wouldn't have a cold beer after their kids have been dragging them all over the kingdom in the Florida summer?!

I always loved that about MGM, I could sit and people watch while taking a break and enjoy an ice cold beer.

Because in all reality, if I really wanted to drink for the sake of getting drunk. I'd park myself at Mexico's Tequila bar.. not at Magic Kingdom.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:07 pm

I have to admit that I have come around a bit since this announcement was first made. I was staunchly against it. Not because, I have anything against drinking, I've been known to have a few myself, but because this seemed like the only bastion of the world where the innocence remained. It was unequivocally a family location, free of outside, mind altering, substances. It was a child's paradise that adults could equally get excited about. It was DL and MK. The one place were fantasy reigned supreme and the world was not allowed to enter.

To be honest, I wasn't as concerned about MK having beer or wine available in the "more refined" dining places, but the idea that this idea was to be introduced in Fantasyland, completely threw me. The one land, if any, that were designed with kids more heavily in mind, then any of the other lands, was now going to introduce something exclusively adult.

Since then, and after reading and listening to many wise people tell me how out of date I was, how 1955 I was and generally how much I was overreacting to something that really isn't a problem, I have to admit that I have calmed down a bit.

I do think of it, in non-melodramatic terms, as the end of an era and possibly a new, if not subtle, definition of the way that the parks are going to be run in the future. I should have been prepared for the changes when wi-fi was brought into the parks. All that ever came to mind is, how do you get away from reality if you insist on bringing it with you. How do you escape from the real world if you insist that you cannot be away from it for even a day. I know, that alcohol doesn't have to be anything evil, but it does change the atmosphere ever so slightly.

So, for now, I will accept the kindly advice of others and not assume that bad things are going to happen because of it and just let it ride. Not that I had any say in it anyway. :)

:goofy: :goofy: