Five Guys Burgers and Fries

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Post by WEDFan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:41 pm

Nice website. Good looking food. The shakes look enticing. :drool: Nothing anywhere near me. :(

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:43 am

In 'n' Out came to the Dallas area last year. I don't rave about them like some who grew up with them on the west coast, but it's pretty good stuff, especially for the price. I've also had consistently good, friendly service there.

Great -- now my stomach is rumbling thinking about my usual: a Double-Double, Animal Style, No Tomato, Extra Toast.
:drool:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Walking up Yonge street this afternoon, to what to my wondering eyes did appear.... Five Guys Burgers and fries opening soon ! On Yonge just north of Dundas for those (few) of you who are in the Toronto area.

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:26 pm

We're getting one in Markham, too... :D: :D: :D:

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:34 pm

I used to go to the original one (before it became a chain). It is in Alexandria, VA just off King Street (Route 7) West of I-385 and near Beauregard Street. Definitely was the best burger in the entire DC Metro area. Even won awards from Washingtonian Magazine for several years.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:11 am

Cheshire Figment wrote:I used to go to the original one (before it became a chain). It is in Alexandria, VA just off King Street (Route 7) West of I-385 and near Beauregard Street. Definitely was the best burger in the entire DC Metro area. Even won awards from Washingtonian Magazine for several years.
Yeah, at the one we have nearby they have their awards proudly listed around the walls. One time I was in there I noticed that there weren't any from the last 3 years or so. I figured they went down hill and no longer get the awards because they're just kind of average.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1