What is so Difficult about a Turnstile

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: What is so Difficult about a Turnstile

Post by Alyssa3467 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:40 am

At the Disneyland Resort, we require ID in the shops and restaurants in order to process AP discounts (and Cast discounts using a Main Entrance Pass). I was cussed out the other day by someone who didn't have an ID and wanted to pay with an unsigned credit card and get an Annual Pass discount. He wouldn't accept my explanation that the pictures on file are only for entry into the parks, and the shops and restaurants do not have access to said pictures. Even if the shops and restaurants had access to the pictures, they wouldn't satisfy the credit card companies' rules regading unsigned cards and identification, which is why the passes no longer have pictures printed on them to begin with. :rolleyes:

Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Epeyon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:39 am

I thought everybody was raised to keep ID on them.

Especially in Florida where the cops can detain you for however long they need to verify who you are, especially if you don't have any ID on you.

Tinker Bell
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tinker Bell » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:07 am

NemoRanger wrote:Every once in awhile I hear of cast members selling there comp hard tickets online or selling maingate entrance to strangers. A girl I worked at DHS does this all the time.

At one of my training classes they were telling us of some manager who had been with WDW for 30 years was busted selling Maingate passes for 50 bucks a piece and got over a 150 people before getting busted and terminated. Whether this true or just a bedtime story to scare us into not doing it I do not know.

Those hard tickets have our name and information printed right on them. I am sure they can easily trace the tickets back to us. I would even bet the maingate tickets issued from the turnstile could be traced back to us someway.

I have had friends offer me money to get friends of thiers in the park for free and I turn them down everytime. Mostly I would rather use my hard earned Maingate and Comp tickets with my family and friends to actually hang out in the park with.
The manager story is true. If I am remembering correctly it happen around the princess and pirates parties (Maybe? It was a while ago). It was a big fuss, at least where I worked, because one of the managers was friends with that manager or someone of his family. I can't remember that part.

Some day someone will help me understand the selling tickets thing. Personally it's such a moronic thing to do. I personally count my tickets as if they were part of my salary. My family is very poor. When they come to visit it's a massive sacrifice to get the plane tickets alone. They can't afford to go out to nice restaurants or parks; it's simply not possible. If it weren't for those tickets we wouldn't be able to go anywhere. We would sit at my house their entire stay. :bugeyes: I love my family but sitting at home for a week not even going out for dinner is not my idea of fun. So when I hear people offering to buy my tickets or maingate I always say the same thing 'how stupid do you think I am?' 40 or 50 bucks are simply not worth me loosing potentially hundreds of dollars and the only source of entertainment I have with my family. Those tickets are worth so much more to me that some miserable 50 bucks. I'm constantly praying that someone has the brilliant idea of letting us include parents as part of the maingate. If that ever happens my mother will make me move to the parking lot of MK, or Studios, she loves going to the parks.

As someone said before those tickets are gold, at least to me. No amount of money is worth the massive file of pictures I have of me and my family at the parks. Apparently that's not the case for everybody.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:11 am

Tinker Bell wrote: As someone said before those tickets are gold, at least to me. No amount of money is worth the massive file of pictures I have of me and my family at the parks. Apparently that's not the case for everybody.
The same is true with me. My Mom, Sister, niece and newphew are coming to stay with me the month of July. Thank god I have some hard tickets and a full maingate pass. My sister will have no problem using up my maingate pass this month.

My niece and nephew have been at least twice a year since they were born. They love WDW but they think EVERYONE does it since they have no concept how pricey the place really is.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:01 pm

THANK GOD today was my friday. I had such a difficult day with guest at the Turnstiles. I had a couple times I needed to just walk away and decompress before I completely lost it.

We were slammed with people coming in when I see this guy in a hoverround and a veterns hat leave the back of the line and zoom to the gate by me. I saw his party at the back and I was slammed trying to get people in who actually wait. After I let two other people in that he saw he YELLED at the top of his lungs to "FUCKING LET HIM IN RIGHT NOW"
I looked at him "Sir, watch your language and dont yell at me. I have TWO lines and you have to wait in one of those lines" This set him OFF and he made more of an ass and screamed about being a disabled vet and so forth. I then " again do not scream. Thank you for your service but that does not give you the right to jump in front of people who waited in line and does not give you a right to scream at me. Lucky for him a woman told me to take him next. I thanked her for being nice. I snatched his tickets opened the gate and chucked the ticket at his lap and flat out ignored him.

That started a chain reaction of SG. I have never had a day I got yelled out more. I had it all.

I got sick of telling the guest to keep the finger on the glass. I would tell them DO NOT move the finger till I tell you to. Then as soon as I scan the ticket they MOVE the finger. OVER AND OVER. I even would place their finger on the scanner for them and hold it and they try and wiggle away.

I had people yell that the resorts told them they only needed ONE key for the entire family

It seemed like every family decided to go to another park then jumble the tickets together and have no names on them. Then they would yell out me how ridiculous and say I didnt know my job because they IDentification failed.

My favorite is they do not bring any id. I get nothing but Identification fail then they tell me they are part of a group of 30 and may have switched tickets.

I was not alone in my frustrations. Everytime I went to break room I heard similar frustrations. I think it was SG day at MK.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:00 am

NemoRanger wrote:THANK GOD today was my friday. I had such a difficult day with guest at the Turnstiles. ... I was not alone in my frustrations. Everytime I went to break room I heard similar frustrations. I think it was SG day at MK.
Wow. Just wow. Sorry your work day included such obnoxious people. Hope your "weekend" will be great and give you a good recharge.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:09 am

I came to the conclusion that within my first five interactions, I can tell what kind of day it's going to be, and for some reason large groups of people who otherwise don't have anything in common, such as those visiting a theme park, will fall within certain mental and psychological parameters. I may not believe in being psychic per se, but try and tell me that we don't mentally transmit to each other constantly. In fact, I believe people in the service industry (the ones who are good at it) can tune in to it, read it, feel it, and separate themselves from it.

For those of you who love grammar, yes. That is an Oxford comma. I am now working to bring them back. Where else will they come from? ;)

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:54 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:For those of you who love grammar, yes. That is an Oxford comma. I am now working to bring them back. Where else will they come from? ;)
I generally use the Oxford comma only when I feel the list is ambiguous.

How do you feel about semi-colons in a list? I am a proponent of using the semi-colon as a list delimiter when the list is complex and contains dependent clauses or additional conjunctions. That isn't seen too often, either.

TeamUBR
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TeamUBR » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:For those of you who love grammar, yes. That is an Oxford comma. I am now working to bring them back. Where else will they come from? ;)
Wow, this topic took and interesting turn, but a completely appropriate use of the Oxford (aka serial) comma. :D:

j

If you enjoy sports car racing, visit us on fb at TeamUBR

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:33 pm

TeamUBR wrote:Wow, this topic took and interesting turn, but a completely appropriate use of the Oxford (aka serial) comma. :D:

j
All I can say is that all this comma talk is putting me in a coma! ;)

:goofy: :goofy: