Concierge Pigs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Jinxed
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Concierge Pigs

Post by Jinxed » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:54 pm

http://bizbreaks.wordpress.com/2012/06/ ... erge-pigs/

Seems to be a typical Disney type guest anymore.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Concierge Pigs

Post by darph nader » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Jinxed wrote:http://bizbreaks.wordpress.com/2012/06/ ... erge-pigs/

Seems to be a typical Disney type guest anymore.
Sad but true,,,,(not that we could afford it.)

I mean,,free beer is one thing,but a stroller full? :eek:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:26 pm

It's sickeningly true. I've watched crap like this with my own two eyes and just had to stare, all while wondering "Who the hell raised these people to act like this?!". Because let me tell you, the "My kids being a bitch" sense would tingle in my mother and the "Elastic Arms of DEATH" would find me, they would reach from Pittsburgh, PA to Orlando, FL and smack the living CRAP out of me!
I've worked theme parks and hotels, these people shock and amaze even my highly jaded self with their actions. From the typical "I paid admission so I'm more special then all these other people and must be first in line for all things" to the more impressive "How dare you charge me that rate, don't you know who I am?!" types (which is generally got "I don't care if your the pope, that's the rate" comments) and my personal favorites "My kids are angels, they would never act like hellions and how dare you suggest this?!".

I swear it's because there is zero accountability and no consequences anymore. I blame it all on the "Coffee is hot? Since When?! I spilled it, time to sue because I'm stupid!" McDonalds Lady, that's when things went nuts in my eyes. :mad:

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Wow. I've heard some concierge horror stories, but the guy with the stroller has got to be in the top five. :mad:
Darksin wrote: I swear it's because there is zero accountability and no consequences anymore. I blame it all on the "Coffee is hot? Since When?! I spilled it, time to sue because I'm stupid!" McDonalds Lady, that's when things went nuts in my eyes. :mad:
I think she gets a bad rap. She initially was looking for McDonalds to pay (or help pay) her medical bills -- she got third degree burns and needed skin grafts -- and only after McD's blew her off did she "get cranky," to quote Cracked.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19150_6- ... -b.s..html

I kind of disagree with the StellaAwards link they include, when the Stella Awards guys point out that the National Coffee Association recommends coffee be brewed at that temp. Which was not what the lawsuit argued, actually; they were challenging the holding temp, which at most places back then was significantly lower. One of the reasons she won the case is that McDonald's kept their coffee at an unusually high temp. Not everyone brewed it that hot back then, either; plenty of coffee drinkers don't like it brewed that hot, because coffee brewed that hot is much more bitter, and when she got burned, everyone wanted "smooth" coffee.

Starbucks has changed things and made the hotter brewed stuff more prestigious, so coffee now is more commonly brewed hotter. But even now, a good percentage of people prefer it brewed cooler (even Starbucks drinkers often don't choose Starbucks in blind taste tests!), and some people think coldbrewed is the best:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ecret.html

So it's not like McDonald's "has" to brew it at that temp. At the time McDonald's argued they kept it at that temp because people like to buy it to drink later in the home or office, when their own studies showed that most people bought it to drink right away; there's speculation they kept it that hot to keep the number of free refills down. McDonalds contradicted itself a lot in that trial, said things they couldn't prove and said things that could easily be shown as false. A lot of lawyers think the jury slammed McDonalds as much because of their arrogance and callousness as because of their guilt, but such is the way of the jury system.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:37 am

One time we decided to splurge and went Concierge Club level. It was a fun experience for us, and I'm so glad we didn't run into any of these people. The sad thing is, it isn't hard to believe at all. :rolleyes:

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:39 am

This is one reason that we have never stayed club level. The price is adjusted up to take into account the costs of providing for the pigs. They think that they are putting one over on Disney, while in reality they are just forcing the other guests to pay for their gluttony and boorishness. I saw this behavior at an all inclusive we stayed at in Mexico. Since food was free, they wasted a LOT of it. Therefore the hotel did not offer its best food on the buffets. You had to eat at the extra charge places if you wanted really good food. The stuff on the buffet was not even Shoneys quality. Same thing with the drinks. people wated a lot of the frozen margaritas, leaving them 3/4 full and abandoning them. So to save on alcohol, the bartenders made them weaker. and with cheaper tequila. When they saw that you actually enjoyed your entire drink, they would make you a proper one, with the better liquors. But if you were out to grab as many "free" drinks as possible, they made sure to give you a short pour. THis is part of the reason I dislike all inclusive resorts !

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:54 am

You see that happen in your job as well. I can't tell you all the cool things they used to do for Cast Members just five years ago, that they don't do now because SOMEONE had to ruin it for everyone. One of my favorites was the Illuminations cruise. My wife was able to take family and friends out for free with management approval and an open boat, until one of her coworkers brought back a boat trashed and didn't clean it up.

So the concierge pigs come in all forms.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Post by KingsIslander » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:29 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:You see that happen in your job as well. I can't tell you all the cool things they used to do for Cast Members just five years ago, that they don't do now because SOMEONE had to ruin it for everyone. One of my favorites was the Illuminations cruise. My wife was able to take family and friends out for free with management approval and an open boat, until one of her coworkers brought back a boat trashed and didn't clean it up.

So the concierge pigs come in all forms.
Employees can be the worst guests sometimes, can't they? :rolleyes:

&quot wrote: "You can't arrest me for jogging on the railroad tracks!"
2010-2011: Food and Beverage
2012-Present: Admissions/Park Operations

luckylady
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by luckylady » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:25 pm

We have stayed concierge level four times and have seen pigs although nothing compared to Mr. Stroller. Getting to much of one thing is what led them to bottle water in a glass, unless that has now changed. To many people grabbing and leaving unopened bottles in the rooms when they checked out. What gets me is when they coome in in their PJs! Get dressed I have no wish to see you in pjs and slippers. Ya the screamimg too.Gets on my nerves so it will be awhile before I stay that level again. Love my POFQ or even WL standred room.

Sue M
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Sue M » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:37 pm

This is just sad :( We've only stayed CL once, last Aug at BC, wonderful experience. We have our Aug trip booked, doing 6 nights AKL pool view, and 6 nights AKL CL. Really excited about staying AKL CL, I've heard so many great things about it. Hope I don't run into the Pigs!! Cause I'd prob. make a comment.